Studio One 3 Announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

“Studio One Made Easy” Training free with purchase of or upgrade to Studio One 3 Professional. Ends Aug. 31:
  • Over 6 hours of training in Studio One 3 in 12 videos
    Creating a new session to the final master
    A complete mix, using only stock plug-ins
    Mix the tutorial song yourself with the included .WAV files
    Free “EQ Frequency Guide” included
    Free “Guide to Compression” included
    Many concepts and techniques discussed in detail
    Free bonus 50-minute “how to” video

Uncle E wrote:“Studio One Made Easy” Training free with purchase of or upgrade to Studio One 3 Professional. Ends Aug. 31:
Uncle E. What do you find more popular between the studio one software vs presonus hardware? Curious the amount of new customers who are only interested in presonus hardware due to studio one. To give a honest customer opinion, I feel their hardware has a bad reputation. They dropped the ball on the vsl line imo. I understand if you can't answer. Thanks.

beatmangler443 wrote:Uncle E. What do you find more popular between the studio one software vs presonus hardware? Curious the amount of new customers who are only interested in presonus hardware due to studio one. To give a honest customer opinion, I feel their hardware has a bad reputation. They dropped the ball on the vsl line imo. I understand if you can't answer. Thanks.
The StudioLive line is very popular in commercial and church market. Regarding the VSL (Virtual StudioLive) interfaces, I've never understood why they're not more popular, especially the 1818 VSL, which I believe was the first iPad-controlled rack mixer. I think the problem with that is people see it as more of an interface and few understand its potential for live use.

10-15 years ago, Presonus was very popular for their outboard preamps, channel strips, compressors, and equalizers. I guess they realized that outboard processors would eventually be replaced by plugins because they became very focused on audio interfaces and had a lot of success with that change. These days, though, I find that interface sales are down for every company, and I'm guessing that's been due to the lack of substantial changes in the past few years. After all, why buy a new interface when you can buy a 2 year old used one that works exactly the same? The biggest new development is Lynx, Apogee, and Focusrite now offering sub-1ms latency with their Thunderbolt interfaces, and I think this is probably the direction all interface companies, including Presonus, will go once people catch on to how cool that is.

Regarding other Presonus hardware, the Sceptre monitors are the most popular monitors we sell.

Uncle E wrote:
beatmangler443 wrote:Uncle E. What do you find more popular between the studio one software vs presonus hardware? Curious the amount of new customers who are only interested in presonus hardware due to studio one. To give a honest customer opinion, I feel their hardware has a bad reputation. They dropped the ball on the vsl line imo. I understand if you can't answer. Thanks.
The StudioLive line is very popular in commercial and church market. Regarding the VSL (Virtual StudioLive) interfaces, I've never understood why they're not more popular, especially the 1818 VSL, which I believe was the first iPad-controlled rack mixer. I think the problem with that is people see it as more of an interface and few understand its potential for live use.

10-15 years ago, Presonus was very popular for their outboard preamps, channel strips, compressors, and equalizers. I guess they realized that outboard processors would eventually be replaced by plugins because they became very focused on audio interfaces and had a lot of success with that change. These days, though, I find that interface sales are down for every company, and I'm guessing that's been due to the lack of substantial changes in the past few years. After all, why buy a new interface when you can buy a 2 year old used one that works exactly the same? The biggest new development is Lynx, Apogee, and Focusrite now offering sub-1ms latency with their Thunderbolt interfaces, and I think this is probably the direction all interface companies, including Presonus, will go once people catch on to how cool that is.

Regarding other Presonus hardware, the Sceptre monitors are the most popular monitors we sell.
Ok thanks.

Uncle E wrote:

Forgot to ask. Do you recommend the faderport? It's been out a long time or would you wait. I use studio one 3. I hear mixed reviews about it. I'm on windows 10/8.1 for my computers. Also, what are your thoughts on the new studio 192 from presonus. Hasn't been really talked about or hyped much. Thanks.

Uncle E wrote:
EnGee wrote:Till when you can offer this Uncle E?
It might take more than one week for me.
We can offer it any time.
OK, I have cash, how do I get that nice price?

Thanks!
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

beatmangler443 wrote:Forgot to ask. Do you recommend the faderport? It's been out a long time or would you wait. I use studio one 3. I hear mixed reviews about it. I'm on windows 10/8.1 for my computers. Also, what are your thoughts on the new studio 192 from presonus. Hasn't been really talked about or hyped much. Thanks.
I like it a lot. When I first started using it with Studio One, it felt like a game changer. I've cooled off on it since then but I still think it's very much worth using for the $115 or so that it costs.

I'm afraid I don't know too much about the Studio 192. I'm interested to find out if USB 3.0 allows it to have similarly low latency as today's Thunderbolt interfaces.

braj wrote:
Uncle E wrote:

Thanks!
I will PM you.

Uncle E wrote:
braj wrote:
Uncle E wrote:

Thanks!
I will PM you.
Cool, I just paid, thanks a bunch! It is a big help.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Uncle E wrote:“Studio One Made Easy” Training free with purchase of or upgrade to Studio One 3 Professional. Ends Aug. 31:
sorry to have missed out on the tutorials, but very interested the price you quoted for upgrade from S1 Pro 2. Could pm me please ?

dredd i knight wrote:sorry to have missed out on the tutorials, but very interested the price you quoted for upgrade from S1 Pro 2. Could pm me please ?
PM sent

So note fx: any ideas for future plugs? I was thinking an Arp that could use the built in groove functionality would be really nifty.

Congrats to Uncle E on his S1 V3 Pro. upgrade pricing :) Must admit that I was not too thrilled with Presonus offering the same upgrade price to V1 users as V2 users. For V1 guys it was a decent deal since they were getting features of V2 (principally Melodyne integration) for free! For loyal V2 users--not so much :(.

LAGinz wrote: For V1 guys it was a decent deal since they were getting features of V2 (principally Melodyne integration) for free! For loyal V2 users--not so much :(.
$110 is not a decent deal for upgrade from V2 to V3? :o

Re-sizable mixer, Scratch Pad, Midi effects, Song parts Arrange, Notes names in piano roll, Mai Tai, Presence XT with new instruments and many workflow enhancements. All that doesn't worth $110? :shock:

Maybe if you are on Mac and spoiled by Logic, but in the Windows world, it is the best deal out there IMO 8)

EnGee wrote:
LAGinz wrote: For V1 guys it was a decent deal since they were getting features of V2 (principally Melodyne integration) for free! For loyal V2 users--not so much :(.
$110 is not a decent deal for upgrade from V2 to V3? :o

Re-sizable mixer, Scratch Pad, Midi effects, Song parts Arrange, Notes names in piano roll, Mai Tai, Presence XT with new instruments and many workflow enhancements. All that doesn't worth $110? :shock:

Maybe if you are on Mac and spoiled by Logic, but in the Windows world, it is the best deal out there IMO 8)
EnGee, you kind of missed the main point of my post. I congratulated Uncle E for offering the 2-3 upgrade for $110, because I was not particularly pleased with Presonus' $150 price. To be honest my feelings about 3 are not quite so 100% positive as yours. In my view, although it has some nice feature enhancements, there was no "killer" feature upgrade like there was from 1 to 2, i.e. Melodyne integration. And I am not a fan of the new GUI at all.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”