One Synth Challenge #79: Lokomotiv (z.prime wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow, what a great choice :) :tu: :clap:
... and AU support, thank you Brian :hug:

Looking forward to amazing OSC compositions this month :D

As per request, here are the 3 kick examples.
kick01 - based on filter envelope
kick02 - based on pitch lfo (ramp 1 shot)
kick03 - based on filter lfo (ramp 1 shot)

I believe, kick03 will be the most regular sounding and editable kick, but each method has its qualities. 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I converted Taron's kick patches to .LKP format since not all DAWs support .FXP ~ if you'll could use the built-in menu (click on the preset dropdown and scroll up) to export in native .LKP format for future patches that would be great :)

If you'll want I could set up a community bank file like I did for the SynthMaster OSC.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

AH, sweet, YES, I was wondering about that already! Thank you very much, Goddess! :tu:

I am starting out today. Seeing the discussion, I am more excited and eagerly waiting to complete my work hours. :box: I want to start....today for more serious composition. I have something in mind. Let me check how the idea evolves... :idea:

Fingers crossed.

Okay, so I have no problems whatsoever in OpenMPT. I'll be using this for this month.
It's very tasty, I swear!

Taron wrote:As per request, here are the 3 kick examples.
kick01 - based on filter envelope
kick02 - based on pitch lfo (ramp 1 shot)
kick03 - based on filter lfo (ramp 1 shot)

I believe, kick03 will be the most regular sounding and editable kick, but each method has its qualities. 8-)
How do you load these kicks into the synth? Cubase has a screwy patch management system for synths that store patches internally in the synth itself and not in some sub folder.

Gonna participate for the first time ever, I've started to learn synthesis so it should be fun :D

wagtunes wrote:
How do you load these kicks into the synth?
Download the SoundGoddess zip a few posts up,there in the lokomotiv format,not fxp like tarons

Wow, a mac compatible synth! I might just give this one a try, although I have to say I've enjoyed using samples in my tracks these last few months. :)

nickamandote wrote:Gonna participate for the first time ever, I've started to learn synthesis so it should be fun :D
This is almost a perfect synth to start. I recommend doing every sound from an init patch. Good luck!

SoundGoddess wrote:I converted Taron's kick patches to .LKP format since not all DAWs support .FXP ~ if you'll could use the built-in menu (click on the preset dropdown and scroll up) to export in native .LKP format for future patches that would be great :)

If you'll want I could set up a community bank file like I did for the SynthMaster OSC.

You rock :party:

Damn this looks so innocent, but after one key you know it's just :evil:

Expects to be a crazy month! :tu:

Hey BJ - -thanks for this one! First, it's AU compatible! :clap: :tu: Second, this is a very lovely little synth. It sounds great.

I just went with what came to me. My favorite track that I've done so far.

Here it is.

Cubase 7.0.7

10 Instances of Lokomotiv

FX Used

Cubase compressor
Cubase multiband compressor
Voxengo Curve EQ

Limiter6 on master output.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... oko-osc-79

Return to “Instruments”