Bliss sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bliss

MillerSam wrote:I have released back in 2014 a sample library call FB-01 (FM Synth) for Kontakt.
I can give you some multi instruments ;)
Very cool! Please let me know PM or bliss@discodsp.com :)

Manual has been updated with some minor fixes and less confusing VST Sampling section. Effects and theme documentation will follow.

www.discodsp.net/pdf/bliss.pdf

Also, let me know if you are interested in a theme contest :)

StudioDave wrote:Hi George,

Good to see b2 ! Alas, still no instantiation in Bitwig. :(

Best,

dp
Hi, I had a bitwig issue after a recent system update, where it's gui failed
to appear, though top showed it running. There was only a strange error in a terminal,
something like 'unable to perform logging'. I updated to sun java 8,
and went to video configuration, and switched to 24 bit, from 16 bit,
and bitwig gui came back. (I've been nice to puppies, lately :wink: )

I also am able to load bliss in bitwig 1.10
and 64 bit qtractor 0.70. This was the Fedora bitwig rpm loaded in pclinuxos,
with official nvidia 3D driver (now at 24 bit.) And qtractor's 64bit suse rpm 0.70

I placed Bliss64demo.so in both .vst and /home/me/Documents/discoDSP/Bliss,
linking the Bliss folder to .vst, so two Bliss's appear in plugin dialogs.

I vote that all vst issues are fixed when we wake up. Who seconds that? :hihi:

Tried the demo, very promising!

Any plans to implement round robin / random robin / key switching in the future?

Personally I'm not interested in vst sampling but I'm VERY interested in sfz exporting, particularly if it had somewhat deep opcode support including the above features. This could be THE sfz mapper, in addition to a damn fine sampler :love:
The mind boggles.

StudioDave wrote:I vote that all vst issues are fixed when we wake up. Who seconds that? :hihi:
:) Still working on Bitwig compatibility.
Juanjo wrote:Any plans to implement round robin / random robin / key switching in the future?
For sure! I don't remember if SFZ has some keyswitch opcodes by the way.
Last edited by discoDSP on Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

This sounds fantastic, really it do, but I am wondering if I could sample a VST instrument, and small VST effects rack?

camsr wrote:This sounds fantastic, really it do, but I am wondering if I could sample a VST instrument, and small VST effects rack?
Perfectly. Just load some VSTi able to host effects, for example EnergyXT.

George wrote:
camsr wrote:This sounds fantastic, really it do, but I am wondering if I could sample a VST instrument, and small VST effects rack?
Perfectly. Just load some VSTi able to host effects, for example EnergyXT.
:dog: Why didn't I think of that!
OK great, but is there any way to use the MIDI pitch information to automate hosted plugins with the sampler?

And, as a disclaimer, I am actually somewhat confused as to what I really want to do :lol:

camsr wrote:OK great, but is there any way to use the MIDI pitch information to automate hosted plugins with the sampler?
Give some details on this please, can't see that clearly.

George wrote:
camsr wrote:OK great, but is there any way to use the MIDI pitch information to automate hosted plugins with the sampler?
Give some details on this please, can't see that clearly.
Ok, for example, I would want to set pitch to modulate gain on the output, per note, to reduce by -3dB/oct over whatever range I sample. I can do this in the shortcircuit sampler which is a really nice feature. Or, I would like to modulate a wet/dry mixer with pitch also. Basically, having something like an envelope over pitch (x axis) and setting (y axis).

camsr wrote:Ok, for example, I would want to set pitch to modulate gain on the output, per note, to reduce by -3dB/oct over whatever range I sample. I can do this in the shortcircuit sampler which is a really nice feature. Or, I would like to modulate a wet/dry mixer with pitch also. Basically, having something like an envelope over pitch (x axis) and setting (y axis).
I think that depends of the hosted plugin, not Bliss itself. For those things with Bliss there is morphing, macros, etc. using velocity or mod wheel. We will think if we can do something similar on future builds.

George wrote:
camsr wrote:Ok, for example, I would want to set pitch to modulate gain on the output, per note, to reduce by -3dB/oct over whatever range I sample. I can do this in the shortcircuit sampler which is a really nice feature. Or, I would like to modulate a wet/dry mixer with pitch also. Basically, having something like an envelope over pitch (x axis) and setting (y axis).
I think that depends of the hosted plugin, not Bliss itself. For those things with Bliss there is morphing, macros, etc. using velocity or mod wheel. We will think if we can do something similar on future builds.
I suppose if the sampler sends midi data to the plugins, then midi could be used to automate as well... not sure.

George wrote:
Juanjo wrote:Any plans to implement round robin / random robin / key switching in the future?
For sure! I don't remember if SFZ has some keyswitch opcodes by the way.
It sure does, even for the v1 specification. Check out the various "sw_" opcodes described here:
http://drealm.info/sfz/plj-sfz.xhtml

Same goes for round robin ("seq_" opcodes) and random robin ("lorand/hirand" opcodes).

Also hopefully http://www.sfzformat.com will compile all this info in time... still very much a work in progress though, but it already has lists of opcodes for all specifications.
Last edited by Juanjo on Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The mind boggles.

Thanks for that Juanjo! I have added the links to our to-do list ;)

Return to “Instruments”