Bliss sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bliss

camsr wrote:
George wrote:
camsr wrote:Ok, for example, I would want to set pitch to modulate gain on the output, per note, to reduce by -3dB/oct over whatever range I sample. I can do this in the shortcircuit sampler which is a really nice feature. Or, I would like to modulate a wet/dry mixer with pitch also. Basically, having something like an envelope over pitch (x axis) and setting (y axis).
I think that depends of the hosted plugin, not Bliss itself. For those things with Bliss there is morphing, macros, etc. using velocity or mod wheel. We will think if we can do something similar on future builds.
I suppose if the sampler sends midi data to the plugins, then midi could be used to automate as well... not sure.
Sounds like what you're asking for is more relevant to the post sampling of a vsti, rather than trying to record it that way. You mentioned what you can do with short-circuit sampler, which is something that's being done with samples and not a vst. Maybe these are features you would like to see added to the Bliss sound engine to manipulate the samples after the fact?

No, it would have to be as the samples are recorded, giving the automation benefit.

Would this be something interesting to consider, or even possible in terms of architecture?

FR: "Global" layer

A modulation and filters/FX layer, similar to each zone layer but applying to the whole patch (different from Global Edit which affects all zones individually), paired with the macro controls which are also global. If the macro control values were to be added as available destinations for this global layer envelopes and LFOs, this would open a whole new level of modulation options including a lot of parameters not available for modulation in the individual zones.
The mind boggles.

Juanjo wrote:Would this be something interesting to consider, or even possible in terms of architecture?

FR: "Global" layer

A modulation and filters/FX layer, similar to each zone layer but applying to the whole patch (different from Global Edit which affects all zones individually), paired with the macro controls which are also global. If the macro control values were to be added as available destinations for this global layer envelopes and LFOs, this would open a whole new level of modulation options including a lot of parameters not available for modulation in the individual zones.
Seems kinda complex but worth studying. Thanks for the detailed FR :)

camsr wrote:No, it would have to be as the samples are recorded, giving the automation benefit.
You did mention a disclaimer about being somewhat confused about what you wanted to do? Shortcircuit doesn't record vsti's, so whatever you're able to do with SC like you mentioned, is being done with samples you loaded...correct? Bliss plays 2 roles: (1) it's a sample player (2) It records sounds from vsti's where you playback the sounds as a program after you unloaded the plug-in.

If you sampled the way you mentioned, your sound would play back the same way every time with no variation, because it's baked in as a recording. It would seem- you'd want to be able to manipulate the sound differently in real-time- based on what you're playing and the tempo. Otherwise, how is it any different than hitting record in your DAW and recording the live audio as you play? It's none of my business, but, I was just simply curious. 8)

Can't seem to load the demo in renoise in linux mint 17. Highlife, Discovery Pro, and Vertigo demos all show up.

Is there any differences between the beta for the public and the one for registered members?

What protection is used. Not iLok I hope..?

No Ilok, no dongle, simple data file with the license ;)
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

gckilla wrote:Can't seem to load the demo in renoise in linux mint 17. Highlife, Discovery Pro, and Vertigo demos all show up.
Weird it should work perfect with Renoise, please send a the log.txt from Bliss folder to bliss@discodsp.com
What protection is used. Not iLok I hope..?
Nope. Simple License.dat key file.
sfd wrote:Is there any differences between the beta for the public and the one for registered members?
Exactly the same minus any file export.

An option to retain effects settings would be nice. They reset when loading
a new program.

Auditioning dozens of programs to choose one that will end up using
a certain choice of effects, requires either resetting the effects for each program,
or having an external chain, two options that require more work/resources.
Cheers

glokraw wrote:An option to retain effects settings would be nice. They reset when loading
a new program.

Auditioning dozens of programs to choose one that will end up using
a certain choice of effects, requires either resetting the effects for each program,
or having an external chain, two options that require more work/resources.
Cheers
Yes, effect lock/presets are planned.

And good news for Linux users. We had a wrong version of the libc installed, newer beta3, to be released fairly soon ;) should have no problems.

So is Highlife open source again now? Or gone for good?

George wrote: And good news for Linux users
Always like more good news! Which distro(s) do you use for creation/testing?

Maybe relabel the linux download icon to binary, instead of debian,
since it's not a .deb
Cheers

hey george, sounds really promising... finally a pro version of highlife!
a question on the waveeditor:
will there be useradjustable crossfades with useradjustable curves, from invers exponential over linear up to equal power? that would be the instant buy...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

George wrote: We had a wrong version of the libc installed, newer beta3, to be released fairly soon ;) should have no problems.
Looking forward to it.

Now if I can just Bitwig 1.2 b6 to run with Fedora 19 ... :cry:

Best,

dp

Return to “Instruments”