Out now: Steinberg Absolute 2 VST instrument collection

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is a bit offputting about this package is that there is no new releases included.

For example when NI put out Komplete, in addition to compiling stuff that has been released they always include some new plugs that are launched with the release.

The Absolute VST collection feels a bit like selling old stuff in a new way

Hm, I just checked to see if there is an upgrade path for Halion 5 owners... Nope.

Seriously, that right there alienates every Halion 5 owner from even considering the collection. Except for those who have money to burn, who would pay full price when they already own a large part of the bundle (Halion and Halion Sonic)?

Not to mention those who have one or two of the others as well. Come on, Steinberg. You want to sell this collection to your loyal customers, or not? :ud: :roll:
Last edited by flugel45 on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Is there any grace period for version 1 owners? I got it only last week.

As I understand v1 + upgrade price = v2 new price

So even if you bought v1 last week, upgrading to v2 this week, will not cost you more than if you bought v2 new this week.

No, I was talking about a free grace period upgrade, like that with Cubase, Halion or Wavelab (when you bought the previous version right before or right after the release of a new version)

szurcio wrote:No, I was talking about a free grace period upgrade, like that with Cubase, Halion or Wavelab (when you bought the previous version right before or right after the release of a new version)
So buying v1 last week for €300, should mean that a user is entitled to values at €500 this week?

You can't compare this to grace period for a new Cubase version, as the plugs you got last week in v1 are the same as in v2, only that there are more of them in v2.

Well, I had already owned Halion, Halion Symphonic Orchestra and Groove Agent so in my case it wouldn't be that much of a value

KingClarkie wrote:What's also new is that the Absolute Collection now requires a USB-eLicenser whereas the previous version could be soft-eLicensed if preferred.
You mean a dongle? Seems like a step back...
Reminds me of the guy trying to sell his Retrologue with USB for months...

Steinberg isn't offering upgrades to v2 from any individual plug, so it wouldn't really matter anyhow which Steinberg plug one owns.

I own Padshop Pro/Dark Planet/Hypnotic Dance. I get no discounted intro/upgrade price.

Numanoid wrote:Steinberg isn't offering upgrades to v2 from any individual plug, so it wouldn't really matter anyhow which Steinberg plug one owns.

I own Padshop Pro/Dark Planet/Hypnotic Dance. I get no discounted intro/upgrade price.
Are you sure you're not working for Steinberg? myself and the other guy are asking legit questions here.

Steinberg are always avoiding answering questions when it involves discounts to Cubase users. I actually don't expect it to be any different here. Cubase is a good product. but Steinberg take a **** on their customers who shell extra 100 quits per year.

I really don't like these bundles. If you don't already own some of the products included, they can make sense, but I guess that most Cubase users already own another Steinberg product.

Steinberg - make the deal more attractive to Cubase users. Your marketing department already has the information regarding customers and their products. Send out offers per customer, not just in a one-stop bundle like this.

Maincat wrote:I really don't like these bundles. If you don't already own some of the products included, they can make sense, but I guess that most Cubase users already own another Steinberg product.

Steinberg - make the deal more attractive to Cubase users. Your marketing department already has the information regarding customers and their products. Send out offers per customer, not just in a one-stop bundle like this.
Milking the cow... :scared:

If you think they'll reply to this here... tough luck mate! but I'm trying too.

Guillermo, please chime in and at least tell us the reason for why there are never any discounted offers for Cubase users.

Logic X now even boasts a full version of Alchemy, tons of sampled sounds, everything is full version. and all for 200$! Cubase costs what? 550$? 3 times than that! and we keep on shelling 100$ each year for the upgrades.

I'm not complaining about this! but you should make your loyal users feel more important. Give us some nice discounts. why not?

I've got Halion 5, GA4, PadPro, Retrologue and Cubase Pro 8. I really don't "need" the Grand, HSO or the other soundsets, and wouldn't normally consider them. But for some sort of customer loyalty incentive, I'd be inclined to throw more money at Steinberg. Money they wouldn't otherwise get from me.

Seriously, their marketing strategy is baffling sometimes.

Look how IL and Fabfilter (to name two) have successfully used loyalty programs to calculate incentives to the penny for every possible configuration for their customers. It CAN be done. But until then, both Steinberg and their loyal customers will lose out.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

tristan- wrote:Are you sure you're not working for Steinberg?
Pretty sure :D
tristan- wrote:Steinberg take a **** on their customers who shell extra 100 quits per year.
Switch to FL Studio, never pay for DAW upgrades again ;)

Maincat wrote:Steinberg - make the deal more attractive to Cubase users. Your marketing department already has the information regarding customers and their products. Send out offers per customer, not just in a one-stop bundle like this.
+1
As it is, for that kind of money I'd rather upgrade Komplete or buy a third party Kontakt library than pay for a bundle comprising stuff I already bought.

Return to “Instruments”