UAD Roland RE-201 Space echo - alternatives for playing the feedback?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently got a chance to play around with the UAD Roland Space Echo and had a BLAST playing it like an instrument through midi learning the repeat rates and intensity and just automating the heck out of it. Even though it was very fun, the practical side of me wonders if its worth the investment just for that effect and if it can be achieved through a different means - hopefully through something I already own? For example I already own the fantastic PSP spring reverb, as well as Relayer and Fabfilter Timeless delays, though I must admit I've never got along with Timeless so I haven't dug to deep into it. I also tried getting similar effects with the UAD echoplex which I already own, and though it can feedback on itself its controls were more limited. Plus I worry that though this trick is cool, it will get old fast.

Anyone have any recommendations, or should I just bite the bullet and get it (its currently on sale for one more day!) To me it seems like it might be another Dimension D type thing where sure, its just a chorus, but its doing something special and its so easy to use you might as well use it for that Dim D sound!

Would love some thoughts on the matter and thanks in advance.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Check out the Reaktor User Library (if you have Reaktor).

Search: Space Echo
Result: Several pages

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/co ... /latest/1/

Example Image: Jesse Voccia Roland RE201 Space Echo

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

try Nasty dla from Variety of sound. It looks different but it does the same things and more. And it's free

Bite the bullet!

The UAD version Rocks.

Why selzer when you can have Dom Perignon.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

LGK_Dude wrote:I recently got a chance to play around with the UAD Roland Space Echo and had a BLAST playing it like an instrument through midi learning the repeat rates and intensity and just automating the heck out of it. Even though it was very fun, the practical side of me wonders if its worth the investment just for that effect and if it can be achieved through a different means - hopefully through something I already own? For example I already own the fantastic PSP spring reverb, as well as Relayer and Fabfilter Timeless delays, though I must admit I've never got along with Timeless so I haven't dug to deep into it. I also tried getting similar effects with the UAD echoplex which I already own, and though it can feedback on itself its controls were more limited. Plus I worry that though this trick is cool, it will get old fast.

Anyone have any recommendations, or should I just bite the bullet and get it (its currently on sale for one more day!) To me it seems like it might be another Dimension D type thing where sure, its just a chorus, but its doing something special and its so easy to use you might as well use it for that Dim D sound!

Would love some thoughts on the matter and thanks in advance.

If i were you id check out BIAS desktop FX. For 99$ you get that same space echo (i own UAD) and a whooooole bunch more. The FX in this package are top notch. Amps are pretty good and you get quite a few cabs, amp blending, verbs, chorus, all kinna stuff, and if im not mistaken, its always $99, as where rhe UA Space echo will be going back up to $249 at the end of the month.
There ya have it...

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

If you want an accurate Space Echo sound, you might give GS201 a try. It's cheap, and good.

If you want to make crazy automated things, RP Delay should get you there (it features a bloatload of modulators, lfo, stepsequencers, etc).

Also, not a space echo emulation (or "not just a delay), but Tantra can also get pretty wild !

SonicCharge EchoBode is insane
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Another vote for Nasty Delay. Great for automating delay feedback. I'm using this on some backwards guitar to generate some sonic mayhem on a song fade. Very cool.

LGK_Dude wrote: Anyone have any recommendations, or should I just bite the bullet and get it
UAD helped you and discontinued all the roland stuff, including the space echo. Go for echoboy or wait for the soundtoys emulation of the prime time, which is very promising !

Mudcat007 wrote:Another vote for Nasty Delay. Great for automating delay feedback. I'm using this on some backwards guitar to generate some sonic mayhem on a song fade. Very cool.
+1

After seeing onnodevisser mentioning this plug I tried to use it on the fade out of a song also while modulating the sh*t out of it, if I hadn't automated the wet mix to zero it would still be playing.... LOVE IT ! :hyper:

Return to “Effects”