Arturias thinking?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why did it take almost 5 years between Jupiter 8V and SEM V ?

And why did they release so many plugs in 2014 ?

Timeline:

2001 Storm

Mar 2003 Modular V
Nov 2003 CS-80V

Feb 2004 Mini V
Dec 2004 Arp 2600 V

Mar 2006 Prophet V
Jun 2006 Analog Factory (Lab/Laboratory/Player)

Mar 2007 Jupiter 8V

Jun 2011 Spark
Dec 2011 Sem V

Apr 2012 Wurlitzer V

Jun 2014 Vox V
Dec 2014 Solina V
Dec 2014 Matrix V

Are you really that bored? :P

Don't forget they were releasing hardware too ...

This is one aspect I really dig, you dig :D

Looking at release dates, history and that kind of stuff.

I mean by 2010 it almost appeared that they had moved on from releasing plugins based on classics.

And then in 2014 they release 3, more in a year than ever before.

So why do devs move in the way they do?
Last edited by Numanoid on Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:Why did it take almost 5 years between Jupiter 8V and SEM V ?
In that much time, they could have updated all the older synth displays for the modern high res monitors. For instance I have the Jupiter-8 V and like it, but wish it had a larger display.

As well as a lot of hardware (controllers and analog synths) there was a major V2 update in that 5 year period....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

thecontrolcentre wrote:Don't forget they were releasing hardware too ...
Yeah, Origin was impressive, but they don't sell it anymore do they? :(

http://www.arturia.com/store

As examigan posted too already; I would certainly like better (scalable) gui's on the Arturia softsynths so they can make optimal use of modern screens. I do like most of their synths, but those gui's....
Would be a nice upgrade (V3 ??) :)

Some things take longer to develop, sometimes people leave and have to be replaced, stalling projects. Some R&D work you do to pay off in the future but it doesn't directly relate to product at that time, sometimes technological or framework changes force you to go back and rework a lot of existing code to get ready for the future, or to support different technologies (or copy protection).

So just because product wasn't released, doesn't mean they weren't working hard on stuff. And there are also products in there you didn't cover, not just hardware stuff, but other platforms like the iOS/iPad stuff.

beely wrote:but other platforms like the iOS/iPad stuff.
If I wanted to cover that I would post in another sub-forum.

This sub-forum relates to Instruments (VSTi's etc), which my OP relates to.

Numanoid wrote:
beely wrote:but other platforms like the iOS/iPad stuff.
If I wanted to cover that I would post in another sub-forum.

This sub-forum relates to Instruments (VSTi's etc), which my OP relates to.
But it relates to your mind-numbing OP about Arturias release schedule.
It has nothing to do with sub-forums.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

BMoore wrote:mind-numbing OP
Too hot for your pretty little head? :hihi:

It's easy to see that beely is perfectly on topic. Maybe you need a break Numa? :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:It's easy to see that beely is perfectly on topic. Maybe you need a break Numa? :D
Whaddayamean, one of the questions in OP is:

Why did it take almost 5 years between Jupiter 8V and SEM V ?

And then the first iOS application, iMini get released in early 2013

Oh yeah, it seems logical that Arturia started working on the iMini in 2007 so hard that it took up all their time until it got released :wink:

It answers why 2013 were no other releases. Ah.. thats so boring. I'm off here don't bother. ;)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Numanoid wrote:
BMoore wrote:mind-numbing OP
Too hot for your pretty little head? :hihi:
Well ... Arturias release schedule from 2007 is a real hot topic these days. What could the answer be? Maybe we'll never know.

Return to “Instruments”