anyone satisfied with their setup?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i have been trying to make music for a while now and today i realizes that my setup fits like a glove... is their anyone else out there that are satisfied with their setup? i mean COMPLETELY satisfied...

Main Setup

i7 machine with 16 GB of ram
Ableton Live 9
APC 20/40
M-AUDIO Axiom Pro 61
Launch Pad
KU10 with other kontakt powered libraries
Specstrasonic Suite (Omni 2, Trillian, Stylus RMX)
Sample Logic The Saxophone (SWAM)
Lounge Lizard
Izotope Alloy 2
Izotope Ozone 5

Mobile Setup

i5 lappy with 6 GB of ram
Ableton Live 9
APC Key 25
Halion Sonic 2
Izotope Alloy 2
Izotope Ozone 5

i also own a Yamaha B105 digital piano for practicing purposes... i.e. weighted/graded keys... i own Reason 8 too but have no use for it...

without arguing and/or trolling... can we have a discussion about how you feel about your setup... i.e. are you happy or missing a few pieces/items...

i guess i have lied a little... when Akai make the APC Key 61, expecting this at this year's NAMM... i will be able to get rid of the APC20/40 and M-Audio Axiom Pro 61... but since that keyboard is not available... i am really satisfied with my setup...

what are your feelings?

Yeah. I just wish I had a bigger monitor is all. And maybe more drum synth stuff.

Intel i7
4 Gigs ram

UR44

Shure Beta 58 / 87 / 57s that I won from MF
Some freebie condenser mic

M-Audio KeyRig25 for programming sounds
Midiman 49 for playing

FL Studio
Sonar X2
Studio One 2
Renoise

Sylenth
Massive
Diversion
M1
Wavestation
Miroslav
Harmor
Harmless
Sytrus

SDSVX
Water (Xoxos)
Elder Thing
Bong

Valhalla Room
Spline EQ
H-Delay

And really freeware covers all the other gaps for now I guess. I should probably sell the vst plugs I can't even think to list lol.

My core setup has been pretty much the same for several years now, so, yeah, I'm happy with it. That doesn't mean that I don't occasionally swap out some gear, or pick up something new just to keep things interesting. For example, I just sold my Mojave MA-201 fet to fund the purchase of its bigger brother, the Mojave MA-200. And, I will be upgrading to Pro-Cv2 soon. Also, I recently replaced my Mopho X4 with a Nord Rack 4 and that synth will be with me for many years.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

A bit annoyed with my midi keyboard, the M-Audio Axiom 49. I just hate the endless encoders. Nothing worse than a butter smooth filter sweep which goes wrong when the acceleration messes up, and the value jumps rapidly. Or the potentiometers mess up, and instead of closing the filter, it opens up again. :lol: I mean, not that i want to perform live, but it really sucks when you just play for yourself... other than that, i'm especially content with my synth and effect plugins as of late. I feel like i can really get into, and make music now, and i'm not restriced by what i got. I changed from Cubase Elements 8 to my other host, S1 2 Producer now too, because Cubase Elements simply has some annoying limitations, like the complete lack of routing options, so you not even can record your VSTi output properly :roll: or use sidechain compression, and tbh, i kind of understand the peoples criticism about the window management too now, where i need 2 clicks, and one window in Studio One, i need 5 clicks, and several windows in Cubase... bit of a shame, as i really like the interface, and many things make sense, but there's really some kind of clutter in the workflow, so i will stick to Studio One now, as i especially like the plugin window management, and the midi control functionality. Apart from that, hardware wise, i have everything i need, some for me decent speakers (M-Audio BXga), some ok headphones (Superlux HD-886B), fast enough computer, ok audio card (Asus Xonar DS), which works fine with ASIO4ALL, and has a good sound. It's all ok really. :)

Nope. I always need more guitars...
Sweet child in time...

getting there :tu:

I have desktop: i5, 8gb RAM. I want to get my first laptop with an i7 quadcore.

I have Nord Lead 3, minitaur and Push, as well as a digital piano. I am looking to exchange the NL3 for another poly synth, since the Nl3 never ends in a track.
dedication to flying

I can always tweak things, i.e. PC upgrade, etc.

But right at this moment, I can sit down at my rig and truly feel like my only limitation is my own imagination. Which, on the one hand is liberating, and on the other hand is a lot of pressure!

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I agree--I'm pretty happy with my setup now.

I have a 30U rack mostly-filled with hardware synths and a nice studio desk with another 30U of rack space with a descent amount of outboard gear. I have an analog mixing board with a Firewire interface, a Novation Impulse25 for sound design, and an M-Audio Keystation 61es for composing. I'm really happy with the selection of microphones I have now and I cobbled together a decent sound booth for live recording. I've got respectable monitors and studio headphones.

I'm running a home-built, rack-mounted Win7 rig, with Ableton Live 9 and a variety of third-party plugins, and I find myself passing over new plugins, even free ones, because I really have plugins that I know and trust to get the sound I want. Just two weeks ago, I finally found a virtual piano vst that makes me smile when I play it.

Part of my synth rack contains a Eurorack modular case that still has some empty space, but that's an ongoing project. And if an unexpected windfall of cash fell in my lap, I'd be tempted to waste it on a new Roland JD-XA. :hihi:

Im content with my late-2011 i7 quad macbook pro with 4gb of ram.

I am starting to find a good "sampling"
Workflow with my more cpu hungry plugins.

The commercial plugins and software i currently own.

Bitwig Studio
Harrison Mixbus
U&I Metasynth 5
Apple Logic X
Nectar Elements
Trash 2
Ozone 5
Alloy 2
The Drop
The Glue
Crusher-X 5 Mac!
Spectrumworx
Plogue Chipcrusher
Ohmicide
Serum
Reaktor 5
Kontakt 5
Reaktor Ensembles: Twisted Tools, ReaktorTips, monark, molekular,
TAL Sampler
PPG Wave 3.V
Waldorf Edition 2
Bazille
Tremor
BFD Eco
DCAM Synthsquad
Geist
Valhalla Vintage Verb

For someone who does this for fun in his spare time, i guess i got a pretty decent setup.

So i guess im almost there :hihi:
Last edited by V0RT3X on Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

Jeez,everyone's quite content,no GAS over here

I'm in the no camp I'm afraid,I just need to get a new set of monitors and I'll be set

I m about to have the perfect setup (my perfect setup)

Imac with osx 10.8.5
Audio interface : presonus 44 vsl / lexicon omega / UA 25 / (recently pass away toneport UX 1)
Sequencer : studion one pro
Hardware synth : arturia microbrute / waldorf strettfe...(The string machine) / MFB 503 / Alesis SR 16 / Yamaha RX 11.
Virtual synth : uhe diva / uhe hive / every arturia synth / + SparkLE / AAS chromaphone + the string synth.
Fx vst : u he presswerk / nearly every waves plugin / a few AD (adverb / fluid / vapor / liquid / dubstation ) /
+ NI Komplete 9 (fx + instrument) / BFD 3 / Toontrack Superior drummer / some guitar amp emulation ( line 6 amp farm / revalver / ik multimedia amplitube ) + Bass amp pro (studio devil ) + complete ohmforce bundle (hematohm is my favorite ...) + fabfilter saturn + izotope trash 2 + izotope ozone 5 + nomad factory blue bundle + magma +Soundtoys complete bundle ( <= i wanna sell my soul for this)
Inst : fender mustang Kurt Cobain edition / Jagstang 1997 red / ibanez RG7a / squier vintage modified jaguar / squier jaguar bass.

Mic : shure sm 58
I feel really happy with my setup and i m not longer searching for something new for my setup , the only thing i wish is a stability patch for S1V3...

I'm very satisfied with my setup :D

My main tools are S1 v3 and Blofeld. I have still some soft synths which cover the little that Blofeld can't (like Arturia ARP 2600v and SEM V). Also I use sometimes KLC and AIEP :)

I might add a subwoofer and Waldorf Pulse 2 in the future but I can live without them ;)

well...after a silly analogue synth buying habit(ie-losing money)i have stripped right back down to ITB ,with the excpetion of a moog sub37 and maschine studio...i had elektrons,dave smiths,nords,korgs and spent a lot on the habbit without really enjoying actually writing tunes
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

there are only two things needed here for the best studio in the whole world(for Mister) being :
- a Herman-Miller thousand dollar+ ergonomic chair
- a perfectly set-up & pristine Revox B77(though I'd have a slight preference for a perfect Sony tc880-2track)

peace
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”