Delay-4 Briefing

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My post from the beta thread, since it will probably get lost over there.. incase anyone is interested.
shonoob wrote:
toby wrote:Holy Sh*T Delay 4 is unreal
god dam, how do I even begin to use that thing, looks so intense :hyper:
Yes, very cool! It's like having 4 NI Replikas in one, with the ability to nest devices inside!

Shonoob, i'm sure someone will have a tutorial soon explaining it. But I can try a brief explanation :)

Section: IN / FX
Here you have the volume for each individual "core". Also a box to nest another device in (the devices in this "nest" will not be affected by the feedback).

Section: Feedback
You can introduce feedback from one core to another core. (example: raising Feedback 4 under core 1 will bring in core 4's feedback to core 1)

Section: Time
This is the obvious one :D
Also the fader will allow for offsetting the delay.

Filter:
You can filter the frequencies of the delay. Meaning only the delay will be filtered. Not the entire signal.

FB FX:
Nest devices box. (these devices will be affected by the feedback)
Also a feedback volume meter.

Out / Pan:
Another self explanatory one. Output volume and pan of the individual core.

Master:
Devices nested in the master FX will affect the entire device rather than just one core.
Master feedback increases feedback of the entire device instead of just one core.

Hope that helps :tu:

Hey man! Thank you, I appreciate the breakdown!
I got somewhat the gist of how the program works, but the fx routing possibilities seem endless haha.

Have you worked with the Section IN / FX and FB FX routings at all? So many ways to use this...

Its not a true delay right? Its essentially a beat repeat?
Im not complaining at all btw I love the thing to death :)
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

It's a delay. Basically its 4 delays that can feed into each other however you like. I think "multi-tap" delay is the term.

Ogopogo wrote:It's a delay. Basically its 4 delays that can feed into each other however you like. I think "multi-tap" delay is the term.
When you play and pause real quick with the Delay-4 it doesn't ring out like the rest of the delays
It just stops.
-Tristan

I'm not getting that here; I'm playing and pausing while it's ringing out, but there's no effect.

TristanMendoza wrote:When you play and pause real quick with the Delay-4 it doesn't ring out like the rest of the delays
It just stops.
Where was the core's feedback when you tried this?

Try with core 1's feedback at around -2 db (not the global feedback) and the time delay at 4/16.

Is it still stopping the effect when you stop the playhead?

If it's still stopping maybe you found a bug for your version?

I'm on mac os here.

shonoob wrote:Have you worked with the Section IN / FX and FB FX routings at all? So many ways to use this...
I didn't get to try anything complex yet, just stuck a ladder filter in there. Sounded cool.

But yeah.. lots of possibilities !

I feel that the feedback is like a couple delays to suddenly be infinitive. The ratio curve of the feedback is pretty harsh, its pretty annoying how from a couple of delays only to suddenly be infinitive... I feel like the value of 85 percent is same is as normally 40-50 percent of full value

WXLF wrote:
shonoob wrote:Have you worked with the Section IN / FX and FB FX routings at all? So many ways to use this...
I didn't get to try anything complex yet, just stuck a ladder filter in there. Sounded cool.

But yeah.. lots of possibilities !
Would love to try that with hp on :) and then harch resonance and a distortion of thirparty choise :) maybe it will feed to much;) gona try atleast

WXLF wrote:
TristanMendoza wrote:When you play and pause real quick with the Delay-4 it doesn't ring out like the rest of the delays
It just stops.
Where was the core's feedback when you tried this?

Try with core 1's feedback at around -2 db (not the global feedback) and the time delay at 4/16.

Is it still stopping the effect when you stop the playhead?

If it's still stopping maybe you found a bug for your version?

I'm on mac os here.
Im on Mac OS as well.
-Tristan

Ive been sticking some glitch plugins into the FX slots
-Tristan

You mean that's what was causing it to stop?

no no not at all. I was just stating how I've been experimenting with the new device, my bad :) I can see how that was misunderstood
-Tristan

I see. Weird that it stopped for you. Been playing around with it for a bit and still can't think of anything that would cause that. I'm on Mac too.

Return to “Bitwig”