"HIVE - Retro Future" - Free Preset Pack at SkyFor Sounds

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey there,

"HIVE - RETRO FUTURE" is here - a fresh and free soundset for u-he hive! Whether you’re working on the next EDM smasher or want to give your music a touch of the iconic 80s pop sound – "HIVE – RETRO FUTURE" has got you covered with 70 stunning presets!

as i said, it's completely free - download it, use it, and (hopefully ;) ) have fun with it!
and if you really like it, and want to support us, you might want to spread the word or maybe even make a donation :)

however, if you just like the presets and use them in your own work that would already be a great honor to us!

Enjoy!

-Simon Simsky / SkyFor Sounds

https://skyforsounds.wordpress.com/hive-retro-future/

https://soundcloud.com/skyforsounds/set ... dset-demos

Awesome!!!! :D

Absolutely awesome. I can definitely hear old-school Pop, but I also thought of video-game music. It's not necessarily chiptune, but these would be good sounds for a game track that needs some retro. The Retro Hive 80's track also sounds like it's got some Disco in there :D.

This is fantastic and came completely out of nowhere, especially since I was recently saying that Hive could use some more Pop. Considering the plethora of Trance and House sounds, it's an absolute fresh of breath air. The retro-ness may not be to everyone's taste, but it's definitely a break from the norm!

And the best part is that you're putting it out for free! :D

Well done! :D

Shiek927 wrote:Awesome!!!! :D

Absolutely awesome. I can definitely hear old-school Pop, but I also thought of video-game music. It's not necessarily chiptune, but these would be good sounds for a game track that needs some retro. The Retro Hive 80's track also sounds like it's got some Disco in there :D.

This is fantastic and came completely out of nowhere, especially since I was recently saying that Hive could use some more Pop. Considering the plethora of Trance and House sounds, it's an absolute fresh of breath air. The retro-ness may not be to everyone's taste, but it's definitely a break from the norm!

And the best part is that you're putting it out for free! :D

Well done! :D

thank you so much for your kind words, really glad you like it :) i definitely love all those 80s synth pop bands like new order, depeche mode, and camouflage so this went in some of the presets for sure! maybe i'll do another soundset solely dedicated to this type of music in the future - i will keep you updated if there's some more material on the site :tu:

and yeah, a tiny bit of nintendo music might be found as well :D

Please do!

Pop and Chiptune are definitely two styles of music that could use more HIVE love. I'm hoping a more modern Pop banks will appear on the horizon, whether it's for fluffy Electropop (e.g. Owl City), Dance Pop (e.g. Avicii, Lady Gaga, Rhianna, etc), or whatever.

A Chiptune bank would DEFINITELY be more than welcome for Hive. The sound of the bitcrusher on this synth is unbelievable :D.

Shiek927 wrote:Please do!

Pop and Chiptune are definitely two styles of music that could use more HIVE love. I'm hoping a more modern Pop banks will appear on the horizon, whether it's for fluffy Electropop (e.g. Owl City), Dance Pop (e.g. Avicii, Lady Gaga, Rhianna, etc), or whatever.

A Chiptune bank would DEFINITELY be more than welcome for Hive. The sound of the bitcrusher on this synth is unbelievable :D.
haha, you seem to read my mind - a chiptune set for hive is actually already in the works :D but, shhh... it's still a secret at the moment ;)

Sim.Sky wrote:
Shiek927 wrote:Please do!

haha, you seem to read my mind - a chiptune set for hive is actually already in the works :D but, shhh... it's still a secret at the moment ;)
Eeeeee~! :D

Okay, I won't tell :P

Some great patches, thanks, thats an awesome job!

themachinelt wrote:Some great patches, thanks, thats an awesome job!
thanks, mate! really appreciate your kind words :)

Sim.Sky,
Thank you for the patches! I have not tried them quite yet, though I dig the bass synth sound on the Retro mp3. :)

Edit: I think I'm using that bass synth patch on a song I'm working on now; it is definitely one of your patches.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote:Sim.Sky,
Thank you for the patches! I have not tried them quite yet, though I dig the bass synth sound on the Retro mp3. :)

Edit: I think I'm using that bass synth patch on a song I'm working on now; it is definitely one of your patches.
hey there,

you're welcome, thank you for using them :) and yeah, that bass sounds is one of my favorites too :D maybe you could post (a snippet of) the song here when it's ready - i'd love to hear how you made use of it :)

Return to “u-he”