Kontakt hanging while loading

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote:Adding all individual samples to database will massively impact RAM usage of Kontakt. Don't do it.
Do you know roughly how much it increases the ram usage per instance. Ram is generally not an issue for me. It's a moot point since kontakt crashes when I try it, but I'd like to know exactly how much of an impact it would actually have.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Have no idea. Depends on the actual number of samples. But in any case, why waste RAM?

I got the same issue when I upgraded to Windows 10.

In Windows 8.1, I had a huge template project that would only take a minute to load.

In Windows 10, I found that the cause was several instruments that hang before loading, as described in the OP here. This increases my load times to almost 5 minutes, and it's quite annoying. All of my libraries are on SSDs, btw. Using FL studio 12.1.3

I read that using the batch resave feature helps, but it was for an older version of kontakt. I'm going to try this and I will report back with results.

Edit:

If you are getting hanging while loading kontakt instruments, use the batch resave feature. It is wise to backup your patches beforehand in case anything screws up!

No, I would be very surprised if batch resave of these things doesn't alleviate this and now everything's snappy. I batch resave everything of any size.

I am having Kontakt nightmares.

This thing is so sensitive and SO unstable in FL Studio that I'm terrified to use it. I feel like I've wasted my money on Komplete - half of it anyway. This thing will hang not just FL Studio but my entire Windows 10 operating system (it won't even shut down and I have to hold down the power button for 4 seconds = not healthy)

And all I have to do to make it destroy everything like this is minimise the wrapper window when I'm using it. That's all it takes. Boom. Not Responding. Close Application. Byebye Windows.

Latest Kontakt and latest FL Studio - it doesn't matter. I don't know what else to do other than cut my losses and ignore it in my future projects. Maybe I'll just stick to UVI's Workstation because that thing is rock solid.

Any tips I can try before I give up or throw my laptop out the window?

EDIT: Looks like the same issue:
The moment I close, minimize Kontakt window or click on any MIDI channel associated with it, the entire application freezes!!! So all that's left to do to stop this is to brute stop it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/WeAreTheMusicM ... deal_with/

this is odd, Kontakt 5 works just fine here on FL Studio 12.2 64bit

I use it quite often by the way

themachinelt wrote:this is odd, Kontakt 5 works just fine here on FL Studio 12.2 64bit

I use it quite often by the way
Interesting. Are you on Windows 10?

Have done some more testing. After it crashes FL Studio I can actually do a Windows restart. It takes 10-15 minutes to do so, but if I leave it, it works eventually. Phew. Also it seems much more stable in 32-bit (native with FL Studio in 32-bit). In 64-bit with FL Studio 64-bit it crashes the same way. I also tried bridging the 32-bit Kontakt into 64-bit FL Studio and it doesn't fix it.

I guess I'll have to jump between 64 and 32-bit on my projects just to incorporate Kontakt. That's going to be a pain as I have been moving towards 64-bit only. Meh!

Yes Windows 10 64 bit.

Have you tried contacting Image Line?

themachinelt wrote:Yes Windows 10 64 bit.

Have you tried contacting Image Line?
I've opened a thread on their technical support forum. They usually just suggest you update to the latest versions (FL Studio, Kontakt) and hope that fixes it - but since I'm on all the latest versions, the suggestion is to re-install Kontakt. I have posted screenshots of my settings to them too.

Someone else piped up in the thread to say they are also having the same problem with Kontakt crashing while minimising or closing the wrapper window. That could help push it forward.

As always, for every person experiencing a problem there are a hundred having no trouble at all. It must be pretty difficult for Image-Line to try and fix everything, all the time.

I have to say though, that this Kontakt problem has forced me for the first time in years to consider learning and migrating all my future work to a new DAW.

Return to “Instruments”