Linux public beta (4408)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ok thank you very much for the clarification ;)

Any outlook for a Linux build of the latest revision (rev3819)?

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=445359

Just to report that Zebra2 and Diva (the only one I tested for the now) are not working with KXStudio's plugin host, Carla. I reported the issue to falkTX but it seems that this one is on u-he's side.
It seems that compatibility has been broken somewhere along the updates as I read in this topic that it has been working well in the past. Could you please consider testing releases of your plugins in Carla? :)

Diva and Zebra still working fine in qtractor 0.7 and bitwig 1.10
and once scanning was implemented, none of the releases
failed to work. I think it's on someone outside U-he's tent.
Linux can be a moving target with a big tent.
Cheers

glokraw wrote:Diva and Zebra still working fine in qtractor 0.7 and bitwig 1.10
and once scanning was implemented, none of the releases
failed to work. I think it's on someone outside U-he's tent.
Linux can be a moving target with a big tent, and it's been awhile since
these linux versions have been updated
Cheers

Hey, this is good news, just today I learned that also Bitwig studio is available for Linux.

Now with Microsoft throwing privacy finally to the toilet, I think I will once again try Linux out... Until now I haven´t made the jump yet, since I am wary of Wine speed.

I just need one good sequencer and a few pro plugins, since I do a lot of the stuff with outboard gear and creative sampling anyway.

Downloading KXStudio now :D

Taika-Kim wrote:Hey, this is good news, just today I learned that also Bitwig studio is available for Linux.
Bitwig is a really, really good DAW and runs wonderfully on Linux. So welcome (back?) to the Linux world - Bitwig + U-he really is a killer combo!

Beamboom wrote:
Taika-Kim wrote:Hey, this is good news, just today I learned that also Bitwig studio is available for Linux.
Bitwig is a really, really good DAW and runs wonderfully on Linux. So welcome (back?) to the Linux world - Bitwig + U-he really is a killer combo!
Yes it is! ;-)

Yeah, too bad that Linux itself is so sketchy, I tried KXStudio, AVLinux, and Ubuntu Studio versions 14 and 15 yesterday and today, and some problems with WiFi and FFADO with all of them :P But still, I see this might work, so I´ll just keep trying... But well this has nothing to with the subject anymore.

http://libremusicproduction.com/

This site might have some help for misc sketchiness. Easy to navigate.
For years, I've used basic CD sized distros, and just added
what I will use. But wifi and firewire are perhaps the two most common
issues, due to the involved chipsets. So a deep googling of your chipset
titles with linux terms, may be lucky.

jackd alsa ffado "your firewire chipset"

I've been using Puppy Studio, pclinuxos, bodhi, and a stripped Mint17
but don't have wifi or firewire to wrestle with.
Cheers

Taika-Kim wrote:I do a lot of the stuff with outboard gear and creative sampling anyway.
I've tested the linux version of Bliss sampler betas with Zebra and Diva,
to sample presets. And hardware sampling is a planned future feature. :hyper:

Make a path /home/you/Documents/discoDSP, extract the Bliss folder
and place it there, and link the Bliss.so to /home/you/.vst.
Copy some soundfonts or sfz files to the bliss folder for easy browsing.
Some starter videos are up at www.discodsp.com.

Bitwig, qtractor, ardour4, and other linux daws should find it.
Cheers

Taika-Kim wrote:Yeah, too bad that Linux itself is so sketchy, I tried KXStudio, AVLinux, and Ubuntu Studio versions 14 and 15 yesterday and today, and some problems with WiFi and FFADO with all of them :P But still, I see this might work, so I´ll just keep trying... But well this has nothing to with the subject anymore.
Install a low latency kernel on a plain main Ubuntu distro, that is my advice. Works like a charm on all my machines (two laptops and three stationaries). No need to go for the specialized, smaller "media" distros. All VSTs for Linux are (at the very least) built and tested on Ubuntu main branch.

You are welcome to contact me in PM if you want further advice on setup and stuff!

Thanks for the tips! And now back to the subject ;)

I think Linux only needs one good DAW like Bitwig and a few top quality plugins of all sorts to become a viable alternative to osx and win

That's why this is such good news, since the u-he stuff covers a lot of ground already.

I myself used basically just ACE, Alchemy and Omnisphere on the last album, I find the less tools I concentrate on, the better results I get.

Looking forward to testing all of these as soon as I get my setup working. TC Electronic interfaces work all right, I have just something set up wrong. The WiFi works sometimes too, by magic it seems, but it's a VIA chipset which have a bad reputation, so I might just change that or go for a 4G dongle.

Taika-Kim wrote:I find the less tools I concentrate on, the better results I get.
Ain't that the truth. I 100% agree.

There is something strange with that script, the downloads start first to slow, and then stop after some megabytes, the farthest I got was the third product on the list at the best... Individually through Chrome via the links everything downloaded really fast., altough I got some network errors (as reported by the browser download window).

Return to “u-he”