Anyone been to a concert recently ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got back from a show with Mrs Natural and my ears are freaking bleeding.
The load-out drunk next to her kept waving his arms in the air and staggering left & right; I was certain that he was gonna elbow her in the nose or step on her foot. All I could think about were my left hand/right foot moves that would put his fat ass back in his seat quickly.
The sound was terrible for where we were; massive resonances in the bass, cymbals were distorted very badly, backup singers were moving their lips . . .

Christ: just less than $100 per seat and $7 beers, not to mention parking

. . . don't think I can do this anymore
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Who did you see? Where was it?

I like the local free summer concerts in the park.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Kiss tickets for a concert next month then Fleetwood Mac the month after
$250 a shot for the Mac...ouch. (Aussie $)
I'll be investing in a couple pairs of full frequency, noise reducing ear hole thingies.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Last good event i went to was WS99. After that it was all let downs. Rammstein refused to play one show cause they couldnt use their pyro, overpacked small venues, and then at a certain point it became this:

I dont want to pay and watch the concert through the cellphone of the waste of flesh in front of me. I can stay home and watch seizure inducing cellphone video on youtube for free.

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

tapper mike wrote:Who did you see? Where was it?
Mrs Natural was really hyped about seeing Alan Stone who opened for OAR at the Meijer Gardens

. . . the kid could sing . . .

Mister Natural wrote:The load-out drunk next to her kept waving his arms in the air and staggering left & right; I was certain that he was gonna elbow her in the nose or step on her foot. All I could think about were my left hand/right foot moves that would put his fat ass back in his seat quickly.
So what classical music concert was this, Beethoven or Bach? :D

Sounds about right. I don't really like concerts actually

Looking forward to the release of Rammstein at Madison square garden on Blu Ray.
About three weeks off.

Last time I was to a concert was Be Prog! My Friend in Barcelona a couple-ish months ago. Saw Haken, Devin Townsend, Riverside and Meshuggah.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

werp wrote:Looking forward to the release of Rammstein at Madison square garden on Blu Ray.
About three weeks off.
They dare to realease a concert from 5 years ago? Ok, they are Rammstein.

Hopefully it's not too overdubbed... :?

Mister Natural wrote:just less than $100 per seat and $7 beers
werp wrote:$250 a shot for the Mac...ouch.
:shock: And I thought €40 for Primus with €3.50 beers was kinda steep...
xNiMiNx wrote:I dont want to pay and watch the concert through the cellphone of the waste of flesh in front of me. I can stay home and watch seizure inducing cellphone video on youtube for free.
Ah, yes, this. I'm a peaceful guy but I came pretty close to punching the asshat in front of me a few times.

[edit]
I've noticed that at smaller venues there are also quite a lot of photo enthousiasts who somehow managed to get a press card so they can continuously wave their DSLR in your face.
Gah.

i saw blue oyster cult in 1980 or thereabouts.

back in those days, it seemed that with 'all of the concerts' in larger venues, that the sound was pretty much always a letdown.

i did recently hear that paul mccartney puts on a very well-mixed show that's not overly loud. he played the local baseball stadium ('safeco field'), and 'everyone' who went thought that the sound was superb.

2ZrgE wrote:
werp wrote:Looking forward to the release of Rammstein at Madison square garden on Blu Ray.
About three weeks off.
They dare to realease a concert from 5 years ago? Ok, they are Rammstein.

Hopefully it's not too overdubbed... :?
I watch the Nimes concert on YouTube more times than is probably healthy for somebody normal.

Xiangqi wrote: i did recently hear that paul mccartney puts on a very well-mixed show that's not overly loud. he played the local baseball stadium ('safeco field'), and 'everyone' who went thought that the sound was superb.
do you know how MUCH the McCartney show tix cost ????

this is crazy . . .

Over a year since I went to a concert, but I'm going to see King Crimson on Saturday. I've been waiting 15 years for this one.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”