How to capture a profile from reference material?

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If there is a mix I like...how do I capture a profile based on that mix? I'm testing the demo and it's cool, but I can't seem to figure out how to make it learn what is there without Defilter altering it in some way. Can it just analyze a mix and save that for spectrum matching? Thanks.

When you save a profile, it is unaltered. The target that DeFilter is trying to match while you're taking the profile, isn't saved with the profile. Hope that makes sense.

BTW, if you have an album that you like the sound of, try taking a profile of the whole album. Drag each track into a different track in your DAW, and put DeFilter on the master whil taking the profile. I've had really good results with this technique, as you get an overall spectrum of the album instead of a specific track.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

How do you set this up? Let's say I have a mix by Steely Dan I like. I import it to a track, open defilter and choose what exactly? Is there a analyze only preset?
I'm only testing this...it's not important. Just trying to learn and wrap my small brain around it. Thanks.

clintmartin wrote:How do you set this up? Let's say I have a mix by Steely Dan I like. I import it to a track, open defilter and choose what exactly? Is there a analyze only preset?
I'm only testing this...it's not important. Just trying to learn and wrap my small brain around it. Thanks.
Thanks for the interest! Please take a look at the video below (starting at 5m:07s):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsKSdA9 ... .be&t=5m7s

I think that describes it better than words. :)

Best,
Stian

hmmm. Thanks. I will play around with that later.

clintmartin wrote:Is there a analyze only preset?
They're all analyze only presets with regard to the profiling. If it's in the default setting it will try to flatten out what you're hearing, but it doesn't affect the profile that you're saving at all. The only thing you need to worry about is the "Filter Length" setting. For Match EQ purposes, higher settings will give you more detail in the profile, and lower settings will give you just a basic, smoother curve. I usually go with about 5ms for matching a mix.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

Return to “Acon Digital”