Whats your single most favorite sample library(s)?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys!

I am still very much a beginner to production, and I really want to build up a good sample/loop library, so simply;

What is your all time favorite sample library/ or libraries (if you have more than one)? I am open to all genres, although I am primarily focused on producing trance, and progressive house sorts of music, your favorite is what I want to know no matter what!

So far I have bought Xfer Deadmau5's pack, but want to expand my library.

What is that sample pack that you always return to, one you can't live without? I am commited to invest a lot into some quality samples, so please let me know!! :D :help: :tu:

Thank you for reading!

Well, the one I actually use the most has to be Karoryfer Blackheart, which is basically a synth made from looped cello samples. But that's me.

For trance and progressive I'd get the Super Analog Kick collection of JoMox kick samples, 99 Sounds White Noise SFX (not the fanciest but very very usable), some Wave Alchemy samples of analog drum machines, and some Vengeance stuff. I'm not really a big fan of loops, but I did grab some Black Octopus and Function Loops stuff that was temporarily free, and the loops there seem to be better quality than the other free loops I've got. The recent DJs From Mars pack is nice, too. And I do like putting processed percussion loops from totally alien styles, like Latin jazz bongos or taiko drums, in electronic tracks.

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

DSmolken wrote:Well, the one I actually use the most has to be Karoryfer Blackheart, which is basically a synth made from looped cello samples. But that's me.

For trance and progressive I'd get the Super Analog Kick collection of JoMox kick samples, 99 Sounds White Noise SFX (not the fanciest but very very usable), some Wave Alchemy samples of analog drum machines, and some Vengeance stuff. I'm not really a big fan of loops, but I did grab some Black Octopus and Function Loops stuff that was temporarily free, and the loops there seem to be better quality than the other free loops I've got. The recent DJs From Mars pack is nice, too. And I do like putting processed percussion loops from totally alien styles, like Latin jazz bongos or taiko drums, in electronic tracks.
I just downloaded the DJ's from mars pack, thanks! Out of curiousity, I am really interested in using some conga, bongo and taiko sort of drums, do you know of any good sample packs with that have those respective sounds?

thanks again!
Zexila wrote:<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.loopmasters.com/products/423 ... Vol1</span>
Thank you, I have seen this mentioned once before, is it good?

shonoob wrote: Thank you, I have seen this mentioned once before, is it good?
Well, as title suggest, that's the one for me, sooo, it's good, minus the kicks, buy dedicated kick plugin, as for rest, top notch 8)
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:
Well, as title suggest, that's the one for me, sooo, it's good, minus the kicks, buy dedicated kick plugin, as for rest, top notch 8)
Thanks man! It looks to have everything too. For a kick plugin do you have a favorite for one of those lol?

I have the Sonic Academy Nicky Romero Edition Kick, but still haven't figured out how to get the right sound of that.

shonoob wrote:Out of curiousity, I am really interested in using some conga, bongo and taiko sort of drums, do you know of any good sample packs with that have those respective sounds?
I have the Nine Volt Audio Beat Aesthetic taiko loops, which I grabbed back when they released 1000 copies for free. Highpassed at around 400-500 Hz they lose the epic movie trailer sound and become a great way to fill out the background in EDM tracks. As for congas, bongos, timbales etc, look for Latin or Latin jazz loops. There are a ton on various free loop sites, though some of them sound much better than others so it will take some digging. There are also the commercial packs from Wave Alchemy. A South American bassist I know likes the Peter Michael Escovedo Latin jazz loops from Big Fish Audio.

You can also grab Darbuka Nut which is not a loop library technically, but it has very useful MIDI loops included with it for traditional Turkish, rock and dubstep styles. You can use any of those in house or trance tracks.

Oh, and favorite kick plugin - Hinton & Fairchild BigRoomKix Synth, by far. Don't let the name scare you. Drzewo Korzenie Kick is also nice.

DSmolken wrote:Well, the one I actually use the most has to be Karoryfer Blackheart, which is basically a synth made from looped cello samples. But that's me.

dam that djs from mars packs sounds great and all, but the offsets for the loops are all over the place :?

For me it's Dirt and Layers by Goldbaby. Basically it's what you'd expect, an endless assortment of semi-transparent noises, thumps, knocks, hits, tints, not to mention the eponymous dirt and layers. It's basically spice for audio.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

shonoob wrote:
Zexila wrote:
Thanks man! It looks to have everything too. For a kick plugin do you have a favorite for one of those lol?

I have the Sonic Academy Nicky Romero Edition Kick, but still haven't figured out how to get the right sound of that.
Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPjC51H3gj4

SA Kick is great, keep tweaking :wink:

Zexila wrote:
shonoob wrote:
Zexila wrote:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/posting.p ... &p=6228297#

Check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPjC51H3gj4

SA Kick is great, keep tweaking :wink:
Checking it out now! Thanks! :D :D

Sendy wrote:For me it's Dirt and Layers by Goldbaby. Basically it's what you'd expect, an endless assortment of semi-transparent noises, thumps, knocks, hits, tints, not to mention the eponymous dirt and layers. It's basically spice for audio.
Neat!

Joe Barresi Evil Drums for BFD....

In a word...Awesome :wink:
No auto tune...

Thanks everyone so far! Great suggestions, keep them coming if you have them! :D

8dio free angels- it came free with an 8dio purchase and ironically has been used more than the one I bought.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”