VST Instrument support for Nektar Panorama

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

After purchasing the Nektar Panorama P4 I realized that control of 3rd Party VST is only possible with Cubase :?

Before I dig deep into the controller scripting, could you tell me if it is even possible to script this in Bitwig? I mean there must be a reason why Nektar does not support it, right?
Maybe it was not possible with Bitwig 1.x and is now possible with 1.1?

I read somewhere recently that Nektar showed the script they are working on for Bitwig 1.2 which includes their plug-in mappings. I can't find where that was mentioned and there aren't any videos of them at NAMM anywhere but hopefully soon. Maybe someone else knows more.

I'll probably buy a Nektar once the full plug-in support is there as well.

Apparently it's on the way.....anytime now....my P6 is being delivered tomorrow :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

That's excellent news !

New full VST support is mentioned here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6vzSvyhGKc

I know it must take a while to map all the plugins , but we've been anxiously waiting since this was announced back in January. :(

Mine still doesn't auto map to vsts that are on the supported list :'(

1.2b7

Mine doesn't auto map either. I contacted support and they sent me a different installer than what I downloaded from nektartech. It got Diva to work but nothing else. This makes even less sense... I was using trials of Cubase and Reaper because I didn't realize it wouldn't work with Ableton (most of the videos they say "this works with any DAW"). But the installer they sent me was for Cubase and it made Reaper work as well. I must have missed something but I thought the control scripts were different for each DAW.

I feel ripped off by this company... They show you the VST mapping, knowing everyone will be drooling, but fail to mention that even though we say this works with every DAW it doesn't work with Ableton, Bitwig, Logic (at the time), etc. And saying things will be supported soon doesn't translate to 3rd quarter of next year.

I'm not sure why anyone would make a controller of this caliber and ignore Ableton. I know Bitwig is gaining ground but come on. The panorama is like building a robot that does the cooking and cleaning but you have to listen to it bitch about stuff...
I think I'm just gonna go back to the real thing so I have knobs to play with. Probably both but synths for sure.

Return to “Controller Scripting”