Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

A request for Zebra 3, please make MSEGs more intuitive and easier to edit :) The MSEGs on Zebra2 are alright, but they feel a bit clumsy. Imo perfect example of great MSEGs are on Dune 2, they are so easy to edit (like FL Studio's automation clips).

themachinelt wrote:A request for Zebra 3, please make MSEGs more intuitive and easier to edit :) The MSEGs on Zebra2 are alright, but they feel a bit clumsy. Imo perfect example of great MSEGs are on Dune 2, they are so easy to edit (like FL Studio's automation clips).
This is what Zebra3 is going to be about. Better editing and possibilities.

A small glimpse can be had by looking at the Mapping Generators in ACE, Bazille and Zebra. Those have been revamped greatly recently, with pretty elaborate and quick tools.

I'm sure it'll be very good once it's done 8)

Please add an osc fx to spread individual voices in the stereo field.

i can't find any vst synths that do it only dave smith polys or a cubase synth using vst note expression to pan individual notes.

Its nice to be able to play a big chord and have the individual notes spread out, and its not the same to detune and spread multiple voices...

wolb wrote:Please add an osc fx to spread individual voices in the stereo field.

i can't find any vst synths that do it only dave smith polys or a cubase synth using vst note expression to pan individual notes.

Its nice to be able to play a big chord and have the individual notes spread out, and its not the same to detune and spread multiple voices...
You can already do that. Use ModMappers to get individual modulation values for notes, route these to pan.

great! thank you did not know that

Urs wrote:
themachinelt wrote:A request for Zebra 3, please make MSEGs more intuitive and easier to edit :) The MSEGs on Zebra2 are alright, but they feel a bit clumsy. Imo perfect example of great MSEGs are on Dune 2, they are so easy to edit (like FL Studio's automation clips).
This is what Zebra3 is going to be about. Better editing and possibilities.

A small glimpse can be had by looking at the Mapping Generators in ACE, Bazille and Zebra. Those have been revamped greatly recently, with pretty elaborate and quick tools.

I'm sure it'll be very good once it's done 8)
Looking forward to that. I thought of Mapping generator can be used like an envelope! But wouldnt "stairway" modulation for certain parameters might sound "stairway" like ? :D i mean if you do on mapping generator a line like downfall it looks like stairway :)

Futhermore, will Zebra 3 going to have more indepth Unison/Voice/Detune settings? Like some plugins offer, Serum (some other has too Spire, Synthmaster, Dune 2) for ex.

p.s. Such in depth option would be a great addition to your other Plugin Hive since EDM and detuned supersaws are quite related. :)

Quick question: Is the new Zebra 3 going to have multi-core support? (apologies if this has been answered. Google doesn't turn up an answer on this.)

As of last year - maybe!
Urs wrote:
Coorec wrote:Z3 will have:
maybe - an INIT button
certainly - Wavetable Editor (as used to be, and even improved)
maybe - multicore support
maybe - more FMO Waveforms
certainly - 4 OSC and 4 FMO - but both types closer together
certainly - more flexible OSC stacking
certainly - 4 universal LFOS,
probably - more versatile to remove the need of global LFO's
better than now - scalable UI
certainly - drag'n'drop module copying,
maybe - even across instances
certainly - improved reverb modules
already in Zebra 2.7 - better distortion fx
not - (may be multiband)
similar - saturator and lofi digital modules
certainly - multiscene filter module (in voice and fx)
maybe - drag and drop support for midi files (drag the pattern to DAW)
certainly - sample to wavetable conversion
probably - some sort of preset search and meta sorting
already in Zebra 2.7 - parameter locking (lock the parameters you dont want to change while switching presets (Arp, Fx, etc.)
certainly - new (wide and good sounding) detuning

As for timing our current roadmap looks like this:

- Bazille testing & preset design (ongoing)
- ACE update
- Diva UI improvements
- everything else update
- Presswerk feature completion, testing & preset design
- Bazille release
- Presswerk release

up until here we have a rough idea, from now on we can't begin to estimate when and in which order

Hopefully in 2014:

- various UI makeovers, maybe with new features (Uhbik, Filterscape)
- addition of a preferences pane for easier adjustments
- implementation of some sort of preset search facility
- a long promised magware synth
- Hive One (formerly known as weekend project) completion, testing and preset design
- implementation of various Z3 modules
- Z3 UI design

Hopefully in 2015:

- Z3 feature completion, testing and preset design
- all sorts of things

That's roughly what's on our plate. In addition we're going to work a lot on ourselves. Different team members work on different things from time to time, e.g. Basti reworks a lot of old UIs while we're chasing up bugs and Sascha might finally start to adapt a few things for Uhbik. The intern is all over the Polivoks, which might come in handy for a Diva update.

We'll see...

Why multicore support - Maybe?

Because it's a huge undertaking to do for Zebra, because of the way its mod matrix works. Needs to be completely refactored, that's my understanding of it.

Thanks. Would be useful. Some patches consume a bit of cpu.

I'd like to see a way to put presets that are 'favourited' into a separate folder,possibly even the midi program folder via one key press rather than manually having to build the midi program folder up.

I don't know if this has come up yet or not? but more routings for LFOs and the like.
Some of your FX parameters in Zebra for instance sound really good modulated, and cannot currently be controlled via LFOs or other modulation sources.

machinesworking wrote:I don't know if this has come up yet or not? but more routings for LFOs and the like.
Some of your FX parameters in Zebra for instance sound really good modulated, and cannot currently be controlled via LFOs or other modulation sources.
Which ones? I usually modulate FX parameters via the Matrix tab and have yet to recall one that isn't modulatable...
Feel free to call me Brian.

chaostheory wrote:I'd like to see a way to put presets that are 'favourited' into a separate folder,possibly even the midi program folder via one key press rather than manually having to build the midi program folder up.
That! actually id love to see this in all uhe plugins

Return to “u-he”