AIR Instruments Hybrid 3 - WOW! Why isn't vsti talked about more?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hybrid 3

I'd probably get that, serum, diva, a rompler or two and call it a day.

EnGee wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Nobody ? Pretty simple test. Create a one bar Midi File, Import it into Hybrid's Arp/Seq as a Phrase, make sure it plays fine, save the patch, reload it and see if the Phrase is remembered in the patch. Here it is not...... :shrug:
I already reported this bug months ago and it has been logged in their database. No fix yet as far as I know.
Thanks, that makes two reports. At least I know now it's not a system specific issue. Wouldn't hurt for more owners of Hybrid to test and report as well..........

Simon, I'm more than willing to work with support to find a fix for this issue. Import of Midi Phrases is a really nice feature......shame it does not work properly......... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Hello Everyone,
If you are having iLok Licensing issues with Hybrid 3 as I was. If you are using little snitch that could be a problem.
I had been attempting to load it independently and also through Akai's VIP software from the Advance 49.
I was getting an error with the new software from ILOK that drops a license on you computer connecting to the ilok site.

I went to ILOK.com downloaded the LicenseSupportInstaller.
1. Uninstalled existing ILOK app
2. Reinstalled without any network filters and viola!

Hope this helps!

does air offer educational discounts?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Tjgoa wrote:does air offer educational discounts?
Absolutely best to drop us a line to discuss :)
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

i must admit i must be missing something as i played every preset and thought it was the most meh synth i have used in like 5 years. The weakest of the pack for sure, sonically. So either it can be made to sound much better than the presets would indicate, or i simply don't think much of the sound.

I know I didn't go thru all presets, but I quite a few times randomly went thru a few presets in almost all the categories and sadly I am with TheomM on this...
I don't get it.
maybe Five or more years ago yes, in 2015? I don't' get it either.
rsp
sound sculptist

It's a matter of taste. There is no right or wrong in that!
For me, I love the sound of it. It is different from my Blofeld and Codex. Every one of the three wavetables synths I have sounds different from the others and I'm glad that they don't sound the same :)
Time is not a measure of quality. I still love Arp 2600 sound. That's 40 years old. And also love the Blofeld sound which is from 2007 and based on Waldorf technology from the 80's?

Hans25 found Hybrid3 on sale for £19.95 over at MusicMatter (https://www.musicmatter.co.uk/air-hybrid-3-download)

Did you see that you can get it for £19.95? That's really cheap. Although I don't do EDM, I got it anyway.

thanks for the heads up! hybrid is in my mpc Content :hihi: and I tested it now deeper...great inspiring sounds!

TheoM wrote:i must admit i must be missing something as i played every preset and thought it was the most meh synth i have used in like 5 years. The weakest of the pack for sure, sonically. So either it can be made to sound much better than the presets would indicate, or i simply don't think much of the sound.
Well I totally disagree, I love the presets and I think it's a great synth. Now, had you been talking about Synthmaster in that way, I'd have agreed with you, but Hybrid 3 sounds great, loads of usable sounds. And now you can get it for only £19.95? That's incredible, an absolute no-brainer.

I have to say, out of the three main AIR synths I'd consider this the weakest. Both Loom and Vacuum are awesome but this one I rarely ever touch. Maybe its because I have other synths that fill a similar role, maybe because I find the interface a bit small and fiddly.

It's still a damn good synth though for £20.

Damn good for £20, although I personally find Synthmaster is a better all round budget powersynth.
I prefer Hybrid 3 to Z3ta+2 though and other than those three I'm not sure there are any other decent budget softsynths you can pick up on sale for $50 or less...
Sonar Platinum, Ignite and Ableton Live 9 DAWS
AIR Hybrid 3, Synthmaster, Z3ta+2, Addictive Drums 2, True Piano Amber, Rapture, Dim Pro, BFD Eco, AAS Strum, Addictive Keys, Synth 1 VSTs
Nektar LX61, Korg MicroKey and Akai Pro LPD8 Pad

Hybrid can seem like, meh, been there, done that before, until you encounter the sequencer page, then it all makes sense, and it becomes a must buy

At £20 it must be picked up :borg:

Return to “Instruments”