September Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

And now for this one.
No longer a moderator.

My new entry is almost ready. I hope to receive my new Clarett before the deadline and record the song with my old, reliable SM58. For now it's been recorded with the crappy direct microphone of my laptop and it shows.

Clarett ? Oh, the Focusrite pre, got it.
Let us know how it performs for you.

see my new toy :

I only say it was a good bargain... :roll:

I really must try to make an entry this month... before everyone forgets who I am :(
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote:I really must try to make an entry this month... before everyone forgets who I am :(
Nah.... :hihi:
You can't miss the sign : "You're entering The Folderol Zone"

:tu:

Cheers

Laguna Rising wrote: see my new toy :

What do you mean? Worth it?

folderol wrote:I really must try to make an entry this month... before everyone forgets who I am :(
Come on. This place needs you.

Wopelka wrote:
Laguna Rising wrote: see my new toy :

What do you mean? Worth it?
Yeah, it was an ex-demo, last piece in stock (or whatever) got it with a 20% off
It's very useful for recording bass or guitar or anything analog. It's right before my soundcard and it works perfectly to level the incoming signal in order to record it with the right level.
Sometimes I play guitar into two different amps and I mix the signal into one track, before recording, but it's hard to control spikes and peaks (in the digital world).
I'm so happy with it, so far...

what's your signal chain for GTR now Laguna ?
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Mister Natural wrote:what's your signal chain for GTR now Laguna ?
Well, err... :oops: it's a pile of junk :?

:hihi:

Guitar -> Wah -> Morley George Lynch Tripler (then the signal path split into 3 )

A.: Behringer VT911 custom* -> Artec Parametric EQ -> Marshall 4001 (aka Studio 15) -> Shure sm57
B.: Hughes&Kettner Tubemeister 5 Head -> Custom 1x12 cabinet**
C.: Rocktron Gainiac II pre -> IMG Sta500 Power amp -> Custom 4x10 cabinet***

* TAD RT008 Tube ECC83 WA
** Self-built with an old Celestion 30W speaker most of the time I use the redbox output (H&Kspeaker sim)
*** Built after my weird drawings, smaller than a 4x12 cab

I usually combine A+ B and then it goes into PC soundcard, sometimes C
I also use a Rocktron Chameleon, Line6 POD X3, Tech 21 GT 2 SansAmp (usually for doubling tracks)

Not a piece of all this equipment was bought new. All used or special sales or B-stock or whatever... :wink:

Hopefully I'll make a song for this month, but not too sure, pretty busy lately. Also thanks for the comments/reviews from last month :D and congratulations to the winners! :)

Wopelka wrote:
Come on. This place needs you.
Awww. Fanks peeps :oops:
:hug:

I do have just a hint of an idea :wink:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Starting this month, Spiral from Photosounder is added to the prize pool. Thanks to Photosounder.
No longer a moderator.

Definitely getting there. Quite a simple little thing about 2 min 30. :hyper:

Good for you, Will.
I already trashed two different tunes I was working on.
Not good enough for the contest... working on the third.

I always forget rule #1 : "Keep it simple"

:hihi:

Cheers

Return to “Music Cafe”