Arturia CS-80V morphing and effects

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Didn't find answers to these in the manual, nor the plugin UI.

The map section is in principle innovative.
But in practice not so.

E.g. can I save the map inteface settings? I want to re-use chosen morphing compass incl.snaps. I know I can save a single sound but can I save the settings of the map/compass? If you find a nice morphing combination, you would most likely to re-use the settings. Very basic feature lacking?

And - can I MIDI learn the compass morphing chooser to a ext.controller knob? Haven't find a way to control the morphing compass anyway but with the mouse, which is drag.

Finally:CS-80 sounds wonderful - but for some reason when you try to tweak the fx, the options are very limited. I wonder if I have missed something.

CS-80 has tremolo (bad one), chorus, delay. But... where is the CS-80 reverb? You hear it but I can't find any adjustable parameters? Is the reverb hidden somewhere?

P.s. CS-80 is a great piece of software - but it could be easily much better. Not only above but e.g. the keyboard splitting is not very well implemented (how many of you have used it?).

I share a much more basic frustration, loving CS, but why is the only Arturia synth I tried that doesn't have a Vista compatible installer. Later synth additions are fine but not CS80v, which needs Win7.

I don't know what the share of the Vista users is from the total.

But what comes to the CS-80 shortcomings as a software, some of the complications (read:bad implementation) are possible due to the need to follow the hardware feature. In the next upgrade I would forget the hardware limitations.

Return to “Instruments”