YouRock Midi Guitar Settings

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I noticed that you are using a YouRock midi guitar in your video demonstrating the 2.1 midi guitar settings that were added to the apps. Did you modify the YouRock default settings to get the best performance from it?

Yes. We set the midi channel value to 17, lower string gains and raise string sensitivity.

I just purchased the YouRock Gen 2 after seeing the Ample Sound video, I installed and updated the hardware driver, and tried it on AGM, turning MIDI Guitar on in the settings. I am using Pro Tools 11 and using a USB connection for the MIDI guitar. I created an instrument track and inserted AGM. However, I cannot get the notes of each string on the MIDI guitar to correspond to the correct position of the frets on AGM. It keeps wanting to play all the notes on the low E stringe, with once in a while playing a higher note on another string. Therefore, I cannot strum at all or play strings at the same time. Can someone specify how they are setting up Pro Tools to make it work correctly? I tried changing the instrument input from "All" to "You Rock Guitar [Emulated]"->"All Channels", but it makes no difference. I see that the video uses Cubase, so I am not sure if the setup needs to be different for Pro Tools. Any help would be greatly appreciated, or else I will have thrown a couple hundred bucks down the drain. Thank you.

Ah, I think I figured it out. The important thing is not the Instrument Input, but instead it is the Instrument Output. The Output should be set to AGM II -> Channel 16. I think Channel 16 in Pro Tools is designated to recieve from all channels. Now it seems to be playing the correct places on the fret. There are still times when the location is off, especially when the capo action gets stuck somewhere away from where your finger position is. Not sure how to get that to be more reliable, and would welcome any suggestions.

I am wondering if YRG attaches a code to each fret placement on each string, and if they shared that code to Ample Sound, then maybe they can provide the option to shut down capo logic and play notes strictly based on the finger position on the midi guitar fret corresponding exactly with the Ample instrument fret. Otherwise, the Midi Guitar is not much different than a keyboard controller where you have to indicate capo positions for nearly every grouping of finger positions.

Return to “Ample Sound”