Lowest possible note on AME? (and a potential problem with release samples)

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just bought AME under the assumption that since it's a six string, it would have lotes lower than C1, especially since this is a six string and it's meant for metal. However, the lowest note I can achieve is C1.

Is it possible to achieve notes lower than C1? In a way, I feel a bit misled.

Potential issue with release samples:
How do the release samples work? I don't really hear them when I'm playing on my controller, but I hear them when I mouse click on a key on AME's on-screen keyboard.

I'm new to Ample libraries. Despite AME only going down to C1, I like it. The tone is great.
Last edited by xphen0m on Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The lowest note just is C1.

Are there any plans to add extra lower notes? My few other six string libraries go below C1, this is why I feel a bit misled....this being a metal library and a six string at that. Most metal I hear these days goes below C1.

(ps I added a few questions to the first post)

>>How do the release samples work?
You could tune release samples louder, set REL knob on main panel to 1.0.

>>How do I do modulation?
Set Auto Mod on Settings Panel to On.

Sorry we don't have a plan to add extra lower notes.

Ample Sound wrote:>>How do the release samples work?
You could tune release samples louder, set REL knob on main panel to 1.0.
I did this. They don't work during MIDI playback or performing with my controller, but they do sound when I mouse-click a key in AME's GUI keyboard.

The Release samples volume is controlled by Note off velocity. please check your MIDI keyboard, if its note off velocity is 0?

Ample Sound wrote:The Release samples volume is controlled by Note off velocity. please check your MIDI keyboard, if its note off velocity is 0?
From searching Google, my controller, Keystation 88, does not send Note off data, only a note on with a velocity of 0. I tested this by using the midi monitor in Cubase. What would you suggest I do?

My suggestion is that after recording MIDI in Cubase, select all notes and change note off velocity to 60, that is a simple work you can finish it within 10 seconds.

Ample Sound wrote:My suggestion is that after recording MIDI in Cubase, select all notes and change note off velocity to 60, that is a simple work you can finish it within 10 seconds.
I meant to post before I went to work: I was actually advised of a way to do this in Cubase, which I wasn't aware of. Thanks though for the note off velocity tip.

Ample Sound is calling AME the first in their Ample Metal "Series." Hopefully this means more metal guitars are coming, and if so, Ample Sound, I agree with xphenom that we definitely need one that goes below C. If I had to choose, I would want something all the way down to A.

Thanks for suggestion, only 8 string guitar lower than B, but you know Musiclab and Orangetree have done two 8 string VIs, we are not sure if we will make another one. the Metal series is not only guitars, but also basses.

Ok, that's great news on a possible metal bass! Will it be 5-string perhaps? This would mean it would go down to B. So perhaps then another guitar library that goes down to B as well? This would be great!

Yes it is a 5 string bass. the lowest note will be A. but we are not sure other guitars so far :)

NIIIIIIIIIICE @ metal basses! I'd absolutely LOVE that!

After having AME for the past week, I am very much so DIGGING it.

Return to “Ample Sound”