Sylenth just stopped working.

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As noted by at least one other user here, Sylenth became completely inoperable today on my Mac (10.10.5 Yosemite)

No, I did -not- upgrade to El Capitan, so it's not that.

If I load Sylenth, first it creates a pop-up saying that "license.dat" has been found, and do I want to use it -- which makes no sense, because I already registered the newest version earlier this month, and up until today have loaded it successfully just about every day since.

So, I say "yes" (or "no" it doesn't matter) and then it tells me in a new pop-up that the version is out of date, cannot be registered, and to go download the new one -- which itself makes no sense because the way to download new versions was always -through- the app itself, in the file menu. But I can't even get to the file menu, because these pops appear every time I click the file menu.

THEN, after the out of date error, another pop up appears asking for a 16 digit serial number for registration. What the hell? It's already been registered using the license.dat file. I don't have a 16 digit serial number. I even checked all my old emails from when I first bought the thing in 2009 -- no such numbers.

What the hell is going on? Suddenly I can't use Sylenth1 at all. All instances cause this pop up. The synth makes no sound. My previously registered instrument is now a digital doorstop. Please help!

Sorry for the panicked tone, but it's genuine, believe me: I have 10 different projects in the works at the moment, all of which use Sylenth extensively, and today I sit down and can't get a single one of them to load correctly, because Sylenth won't work at all.

-M
Last edited by mholloway on Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

double post. really wish that was less easy to do :D

I guess the beta expired, is probably the issue here?

I did the e-mail submission on the website to get an e-mail with download links (since the old method with the File > get updates was unavailable) and used the installer from the e-mail, and now I'm up and running again...

Phew!

Sorry for the alarm, but that was a scary way to enter a session of work :[

Anybody else having this problem will need to get the new version by using the e-mail form on the lennar digital website, because the old method, as noted, won't work -- you'll keep getting a registration pop up every time you click the file menu.

-M

Return to “LennarDigital”