Why ignore Structure 2 - Now only $60

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:I am more interested in using my own samples.
Why do you want to spend $60 on a rompler/sample player, if you want to use your own samples :?

There are a lot of better freeware sample players out there like Shortcircuit. It can layer samples, no problem.

And if you already got Kontakt 5....? :o
Heck, I can save $90! The more I spend the more I save! :o

I was more curious how unique Structure was and why no-one
had ever mentioned it. The experts chimed in and now I
know why! Thanks!

Kalamata Kid wrote:It seem that this can be done in Kotnakt just as easily. I already have Kontakt 5 but I do not enjoy using it as I have not put in the time to learn it.
You can either put your money toward another product that may or may not work for you, or put your time toward learning a product you've already got and make it work for you.

For layering samples, I can also recommend MOTU MachFive 3 and Steinberg HALion 5, but just like Kontakt, you need to spend some focused time learning how to use them. Of the three, I find MachFive 3 the most fun to actually design sounds on, but it also took the most time and effort to learn, just because of how controls are laid out (and some controls/features are actually hidden from view by default).

UltimateOutsider wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:It seem that this can be done in Kotnakt just as easily. I already have Kontakt 5 but I do not enjoy using it as I have not put in the time to learn it.
You can either put your money toward another product that may or may not work for you, or put your time toward learning a product you've already got and make it work for you.

For layering samples, I can also recommend MOTU MachFive 3 and Steinberg HALion 5, but just like Kontakt, you need to spend some focused time learning how to use them. Of the three, I find MachFive 3 the most fun to actually design sounds on, but it also took the most time and effort to learn, just because of how controls are laid out (and some controls/features are actually hidden from view by default).
If Mach five was not so expensive I would definitely try it!
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

MF is about the same price as Kontakt (although you can get it at a crossgrade price if you own one of competing samplers)...

EvilDragon wrote:MF is about the same price as Kontakt (although you can get it at a crossgrade price if you own one of competing samplers)...
I got in a Komplete 8 at very good price. In any case I have more interest in Absynth and to a lesser degree Reaktor and Massive. But if Kontakt 6 whenever it is released fails to inspire me I will look at MachFive.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”