Now that TimeWarp 2600 is owned/distributed by SoniVox

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TimewARP 2600

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
antithesist wrote:From one of the other timewarp 2600 threads:
sbangs_air wrote:Jim is presently working on the demo version and a large free update bringing deeper Akai VIP / Advance support and a number of performance enhancements. He is one of the key engineers on the VIP project.
But that was from last year right?
by sbangs_air; Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:17 am
Re: TimeWarp problem with latest OSX OS?
Jim is presently working on the demo version and a large free update bringing deeper Akai VIP / Advance support and a number of performance enhancements. He is one of the key engineers on the VIP project.
Earlier this year... but, yeah (might as well have been, apparently).
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Yeah but I think that was even in response to it already being months after he first said something similar. IIRC, he said a demo was going to be posted the next week, then months went by and people (myself included) asked where the demo was. Demo and update were promised a couple more times I think. I gave up believing it would come.

I saw a lot of references to 2600v and that's all great but how does it compare to Oddity?

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Yeah but I think that was even in response to it already being months after he first said something similar. IIRC, he said a demo was going to be posted the next week, then months went by and people (myself included) asked where the demo was. Demo and update were promised a couple more times I think. I gave up believing it would come.
OK, I see.

Simon, may we please have a current status update?
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

SirKen wrote:I saw a lot of references to 2600v and that's all great but how does it compare to Oddity?
Why would you compare this to Oddity???
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:As an owner of a real ARP2600 (i don't have it anymore) i had the Arturia Arp and also i own the WOW TimeWarp.
The Arturia thing is like an embarrassment, does not even sound like anything. The TWarp is a different Story,
probably the most raw synth i have heard and as close to the real thing but the problem is it has too many
compatibility problems. I have it and can not use it due to freezes, crashes, not opening this and that.
Yeah, as far as software is concerned, I came to the same conclusions, years ago. It's a hit that nobody knows about. What made it unknown/unpopular back in the day was PACE, after that, the lack of maintenance and some stability issues. After that, the lack of continued development. It's kind of a sad story. I would love if it was revived and worked on with the latest technology. It deserves it! It's cool synth that had me many times looking back at it and asking if I was actually playing a real analog semi-modular, or merely software. :)

EDIT: For anyone reading this post in the future, TimewARP2600 required iLok when it first came out, which was 10 years ago. Since those times iLok has been dropped. It is NOT a requirement anymore for running the synth.
Last edited by HunterKiller on Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

From what I can tell, there is no demo for this. Correct?

To get a free evaluation copy or to purchase the program, go to the Buy page.
That's what it says on the product page.

wagtunes wrote:From what I can tell, there is no demo for this. Correct?
Yes they promised a demo last year and said that the sale would run until the demo was up (it was on sale for $99, half price). I haven't looked into it in a long time but I assume the sale isn't going anymore? Still no demo that I can tell.

It says go to the buy page to demo it and then I don't see a demo anywhere.

thomaskyhn wrote:There's a (new) sale: http://www.kvraudio.com/news/sonivox-of ... 2600-31172
Except I can't demo it.

I'm not going to buy something, even on sale, that i can't demo first if for nothing else than just to make sure it works on my PC.

Why? :?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

wagtunes wrote:Except I can't demo it.

I'm not going to buy something, even on sale, that i can't demo first if for nothing else than just to make sure it works on my PC.
Well, me neither.

Aloysius wrote:Why? :?
Is this a serious question or this just sarcasm absurdem?

BasariStudios wrote:
SirKen wrote:I saw a lot of references to 2600v and that's all great but how does it compare to Oddity?
Why would you compare this to Oddity???
For some reason, I thought this was an Arp Odyssey emulation. :oops: This is what happens when you are lurking on forums while you are sick.

Return to “Instruments”