Complete Reskin: DUNE Black & DUNE White

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Everyone,

Today we have a complete reskin of DUNE. It was in the works for many months, tweaked and tweaked again until i was satisfied with the quality. The skin is available in 2 colors; Black and White.

See screenshots for details.

Some Notes
- As almost always i have had no controls over positions and sizes. Any incorrectly aligned items (and there are quite a few) are not my doing, nor could i do anything about them.

- The skins might become official

- Download is now directly from KVR

Grab Here

Install instructions see Info.txt in the archive.

Hope you like the new look. :)

Addendum: MAC users please scroll down to the second post by aMUSEd. He explains what you have to do to install the skins on an Apple PC.

Screenshots:

click for fullsize

Last edited by ENV1 on Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I've always like the default DUNE skin but these look amazing. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Nice, good job!
yzcoruhT

Much nicer than the original - personally I never liked it (the gradients just seem wonky to me)

thanks

OK on Mac it's a bit easier to locate the plugin images but they have different names - all images need 'bmp00' added to beginning of the filename, then just rightclick on the au or vst and select 'show package contents', go to Contents/Resources and copy over the new images (backup the old ones first)

Nice work, ENV1! i'll be using white! :D beautiful!

PS.. the orange EnergyXT2 arrow emblem is a nice touch :D
Last edited by layzer on Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Png 115 seems missing.
I have the full version so:)

aMUSEd wrote:OK on Mac it's a bit easier to locate the plugin images but they have different names - all images need 'bmp00' added to beginning of the filename, then just rightclick on the au or vst and select 'show package contents', go to Contents/Resources and copy over the new images (backup the old ones first)
Damn, i forget this every time.

Thanks once more, i will add the info to the first post.
layzer wrote:Nice work, ENV1! i'll be using white! :D beautiful!
Thanks, glad you like it.

Im still not sure which one i like best, kinda keeps changing from day to day. :)
classic wrote:Png 115 seems missing.
I have the full version so:)
Its missing because its one of the unused PNGs.

(Check Info.txt in the archive for all the details, its all covered in there.)

Tres chic! :clap:

Great Dune2 skins! Thank you! :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:Great Dune2 skins! Thank you! :)
Dune2? I guess, that is Dune(1).
yzcoruhT

These are for Dune CM/BE since there is no tab for the Effects.

Anyway great work as always ENV1. I've always loved your style. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully one day you'll do a DUNE 2 skin............ :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Lovely skins :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Teksonik wrote:These are for Dune CM/BE since there is no tab for the Effects.
Yes there is, I have them working fine for the full Dune 1 (looks like the images in the OP were made using BE or CM but if you have the full version there is an fx tab).

Don't see the point of the fake on/off buttons in the fx though as it's the LED that actually turns them on/off, the graphic buttons do nothing and are just there for show.

I'm not a Dune user, but it looks good :)

Return to “Instruments”