Roland Boutique: New Jupiter 8, 106/60 and JX3P on the way?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

@aciddose
Afaiac I do not have a conflict with Mutant though. That's the whole point. Besides, it's none of your business afaik.

aciddose wrote: "I think X is best, and Y second."
vs.
"No it isn't."
vs.
"Yes it is."
vs.
"No it isn't."

Refusing to participate in that sort of thing makes sense.
No it doesn't :hihi:
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

Hank the Knife wrote:@aciddose
Afaiac I do not have a conflict with Mutant though. That's the whole point. Besides, it's none of your business afaik.
Yes it is.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Anyone spot any good reviews of these yet?

As far as I get it, there are no dedicated adaptor but just batteries and usb from PC/Mac as powersource? Isn't there an option to use an adaptor with the usb port? In that case, which adaptor? Anybody has a clue?

Hi Incarnatex. I imagine the wall wart usb adapters which are used to power phones and pads would power the roland just fine. Why wouldn't it? Maybe there is an issue, but afaik usb just supplies 5 volts on one of the pins, so it wouldn't seem to matter whether the 5 volts comes from a computer or a wall wart.

In my little redneck town, they even sell suitable adapters at drug stores and sometimes convenience stores.

One factor that MAY matter-- Possibly some of the cheap adapters could have badly regulated 5 volts and maybe cause some hum in the synthesizer. I've sometimes noticed audio hum in pads and phones hooked up to a sound system when powered by a wall wart, but not when running batteries. Presumably some adapters are made with good enough quality to avoid that, should it turn out to be a problem. Maybe the roland synth will have better analog design than the typical phone or pad.

Possibly some cheap adapters would be underpowered as well. I have several wall wart usb adapters. The one that came with my kindle fire seems a powerful beast. It will charge any of my portable devices lickety split, fast enough for the device to warm up its batteries.

OTOH some of the little phone chargers take a long time to charge a phone, and can barely keep the kindle fire running. If I'm sitting in the sun room and the kindle battery gets low, plug it into a cheap phone charger by my chair, and it will run the Kindle, but it can't charge the kindle while the kindle is running. The cheap phone wall wart just barely has enough juice to keep the kindle battery from further discharging.

like 'the size of a book' -nice trend
speakers? ...
and: only 16 user memories on jx-03? the others have 64.
must be possible to have 64?
all have delay and sequencer.
Last edited by mztk on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

aciddose wrote: Simply having a differing opinion however is meaningless.

Such arguments are senseless and almost always circular and endless.

It breaks down to this:
"I think X is best, and Y second."
vs.
"No it isn't."
vs.
"Yes it is."
vs.
"No it isn't."

Refusing to participate in that sort of thing makes sense.
But...but...you are doing it the same way as they do it...by having different opinion. We all do it :party:

jp08 and ju06 have 64 user patches, the jx03 only has 16, so it says in
the specs. is that an error or a marketing wind-up?

-little typo in the blurb referring to 'ju-08'..
>intentionally referring to 2 chained ju-06s?

http://www.roland.com/products/ju-06/features/

would be a good feature, to be able to chain/cascade
any of them together: ju with jp etc.

kmonkey wrote: But...but...you are doing it the same way as they do it...by having different opinion. We all do it :party:
I didn't express a differing opinion. I presented facts and made a rational argument regarding why circular arguments lacking objectivity or facts are a waste of time.

People are free to disprove my statement by demonstrating any logical fallacy therein.

For example I can do so myself right now.

"I disagree that such argumentation is entirely a waste of time. I find it to be quite fun."

This easily demonstrates that subjectivity is present in my argument and I would certainly agree that for those of us who enjoy arguing about nonsense, by all means dive right in! (As we all do.)

It doesn't however demonstrate any logical fallacy which would disprove my assertion that "for those of us who consider it a waste of time, it makes sense to refuse to participate."

This is due to the fact the subjectivity of the argument has been acknowledged by specifying a qualifier or criterion: "for those of us who", outside of which the argument no longer applies.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

oi, girls...other topic..we don't care.
--------------------------------
meanwhile, more jx03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... MYI7AVw7nk

mztk wrote:oi, girls...other topic..we don't care.
Agreed.

If you kids above can't play along nicely I'm gonna lock this thread. Which obviously isn't very nice for the folk who are genuinely interested in the new Roland gear.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

JCJR wrote:Hi Incarnatex. I imagine the wall wart usb adapters which are used to power phones and pads would power the roland just fine. Why wouldn't it? Maybe there is an issue, but afaik usb just supplies 5 volts on one of the pins, so it wouldn't seem to matter whether the 5 volts comes from a computer or a wall wart.
Well, Sony has done something like that with (some of?) their e-readers. It needs to see activity (or at least a voltage) on the data lines or it won't charge. Which you can do by putting a resistor between +5V and a data line. Or plug straight into a computer.

mztk wrote:oi, girls...other topic..we don't care.
--------------------------------
meanwhile, more jx03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... MYI7AVw7nk
Whoever uploaded this video must be deaf.
Or if he noticed the problem then too lazy to re-record it without that scratchy noise...
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Albert.VST wrote:
JCJR wrote:Hi Incarnatex. I imagine the wall wart usb adapters which are used to power phones and pads would power the roland just fine. Why wouldn't it? Maybe there is an issue, but afaik usb just supplies 5 volts on one of the pins, so it wouldn't seem to matter whether the 5 volts comes from a computer or a wall wart.
Well, Sony has done something like that with (some of?) their e-readers. It needs to see activity (or at least a voltage) on the data lines or it won't charge. Which you can do by putting a resistor between +5V and a data line. Or plug straight into a computer.
Thanks Albert. Did not know. Wonder the rationale for requiring voltage on data lines? So the device won't try to draw power from sleeping pc's?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”