What is the good "affordable" vst synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ANA is a bit special. I own it since it was released but have not used it a lot. Development seems to be stopped, there was not so much going on the last years and this remembers in this part a bit to Sylenth. There are still aliasing issues and after Spire was released it's a lot harder to find a usage for ANA. Because ANA is IMO not so well known and not used by many people it's also not the biggest playground for preset users.
Yes, it's really cheap (70€ ?) but I don't know if I would recommend ANA... hmm

Personally I would go for Synthmaster 2 if you don't own it. I bought quite a few different and I have Omnisphere, ANA from Soniq, Nexus 2, Dune 2, Spire and Zebra 2, among others. Of all those I favour Synthmaster because there is almost no limit to what you can do with it and the sound quality is Amazing. It is not the most expensive of the bunch and it starts out at around 80 USD and up, depending if you want to buy soundbanks also. Soundbanks are also among the cheapest of all VST synths. It is very suitable for progressive Music. It takes a Little while to get familliar to more advanced sound design in Synthmaster but the basics are the same as for any other VST synth.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

4damind wrote:As a musician: Spire
As a sound designer: Synthmaster

(Sylenth is still good but Spire has IMO more the sound for the future)
IMO, Spire is as close to Sylenth's sound as it gets. And for pads and supersaws, and spacy sounds which use a lot of filter resonance, it even excels IMO. Envelopes are more snappy too. If i had the choice between the two, it would be obvious for me which to pick.

I agree, if we talk "EDM" synths, Spire offers the best combination of sound quality/versatility/ease of use. But I'm not sure it may be qualified as "affordable" at its current price.

However, the thing to consider is that when you outgrow your "affordable" synths you'll quite probably be buing something "pro" anyway, and these money spent on "affordables" may turn out to be spent in vain.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

i'm reminded why i never frequented the forums in 10 years...you guys are costin me money!
but how does one NOT get synthmaster for $79?
despite every demo putting me to sleep the latest run-through video confirms what everyone here is saying....
the thing is a most versatile beast and it sounds great...and it's my birthday.

but seriously lennar's gonna have to get a bag to put over sylenth's mug as that's the one synth i'm unable to even watch a review about
for more than 40 seconds without really feeling sorry for it....i mean gosh.
it seems FL provides a version which is much more acceptable...but for almost $200 i don't care if she can recite keats while ummm you know.....i still think a bag would be good.

nothing is spent in vain if yer having fun.
if yer not having fun...then it's ALL in vain anyway.
i used to always push the envelope...until someone showed me a letter-opener.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1zHly4zwgI

Where are you guys seeing Synthmaster for $79?
http://www.kv331audio.com/purchase.aspx
Very tempted to buy it..

Oh, Sytrus comes with FL Pro

Ridan wrote:Where are you guys seeing Synthmaster for $79?
Very tempted to buy it..
Maybe get it cheaper in the Call to Arms auction.
Last edited by BBFG# on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales next month....most synths will be ''affordable"

DubLifeSD wrote:Wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales next month....most synths will be ''affordable"
+1. This my recommendation.

However, if you need to make a purchase before then, AAS Ultra Analog VA-2 is 50% off at Plugin Boutique through Oct 13th. It might be worth checking out.

Very tempted to buy it..
Look carefully on the header :hihi:
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
Very tempted to buy it..
Look carefully on the header :hihi:
:dog: :hihi:

Synthmaster may sound good, but it has a horrible GUI and an even more horrible browser. I would never recommend it to anyone.

KV331Audio donated many licenses of SynthMaster to the charity today :tu: You might want to check if you want to bid on a license and might get one in the end of the charity.

For me, mostly I will grab a license. I just need to see first how much in the red my bank account will be this month :hihi:

The GUI diffidently needs some enhancements. But when I demoed it last time, I really didn't feel it is bad. It has a unique original style and if it gets polished more in the future, it would be really a very nice interface IMO.

@OP:

I would go with Hive as well for your making music within the genres you mentioned.

Return to “Instruments”