DAW Jockey or Musical Instrument Player?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic

Are you a DAW Jockey or an Instrument Player?

DAW Jockey
12%
Musical Instrument Player
28%
Both
40%
Cephalopod
20%

Total votes: 25

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are you a DAW Jockey?
* A music producer that can only use their DAW to input notes, with only the simplest of keyboard input -
Are you a Musical Instrument Player?
* One who can actually play their musical instrument(s) of choice to produce music.

Do you use BOTH methods in music creation

Are you a cephalopod?

A Cephalopod with internet no less.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I use real instruments when i can find ways to use them in my songs, but I can't actually perform on any instrument. I record what I can (with guitar, cheap wooden flutes, violin, drums, etc)... and I really have to repeatedly record myself doing it until I get it to be acceptable... but I ultimately end up correcting my poor timing by manually adjusting transients with flextime in Logic (or quantization for stuff entered via live keyboarding).

The only "instrument" I can perform with is my voice.

If I had ever met a teacher of instruments that was able to teach without requiring learning notation, I'd have learned an instrument or two. But I didn't, so all I can do is what I've self-taught, and the motivation to experience frustration with no help has meant learning little on actual instruments. I am comfy with keys and maybe will become so with guitar some day if I keep using one, but I'll never present an uncorrected recording in a song and I'll never perform live with anything but my voice.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Well, I don't play all the instruments I use, but my MIDI comes out of performing the parts on the key controller or drum controller. I was a real performer on guitar and I've been called upon to provide drums (live) and keyboard live and in the studio when no one else was there to pull it off.

The only lessons on my main instrument involved mainly being subject to criticism as to a final performance, in classical. Well, beyond being shown ways to produce more tone, in the beginning. I was a guitar player already. I had drum lessons when I was 12, 13 which was enlightening. He made me write out the entire part (Hendrix Fire) which really forced me to the full understanding of what goes on.

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”