Latest Builds (revision 3890) of nearly every u-he plugin (Release Candidates)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:They do - those are the release versions. You don't have to install the betas, just wait for the next full release or stick with the last.
Good point. So you are saying that they release these betas/candidates for us to get fixes ahead of the final release, play with the new features before others and in turn they get some testers to help?
Last edited by az82 on Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

u-he-michael wrote:Well, maybe Urs has a good answer to that wish. Anyway - thanks for spending whole 5 minutes : )
Sure, no problem. Well, I have ADHD. 5 mins is sometimes a lifetime.

I assume that was sarcasm directed at me.
If it isn't well ignore the rest:

It doesn't take me five minutes, more like 30 minutes.... download both mac and pc...copy them to my nas drive so I can then copy them onto the mac and pc respectively.... back up those to another location. go to mac, drag onto desktop.install each, copy each into the respective archival folder.... do the same for pc......
I officially beta test for eight or more music software developers companies, three of them are huge and have several products.. I test all on mac and pc.... same process.

And oh, I am full time professional composer/producer working with ad agencies and producers in multimedia who usually have a 8 hour turn over of project from the time I see script to full production..... so the five minutes that's really more like 30 minutes is really precious in my day.... and yes I do see the irony of this long post in responding :-)..

Do I appreciate that u-he puts out these public betas ..... most definitely...doesn't mean I want to test each and everyone of them, especially when a next round of beta may be just around the corner.

If it wasn't sarcasm directed at me.
then as rosanne rosanna dana use to say.... never mind :-)

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

I'm glad you eventualy did not take this seriously :)

I think Michael offered the best advice.

az82 wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:They do - those are the release versions. You don't have to install the betas, just wait for the next full release or stick with the last.
Good point. So you are saying that they release these betas/candidates for us to get fixes ahead of the final release, play with the new features before others and in turn they get some testers to help?
Pretty much, the 'more stable well tested' version you asked for is the release version, people expect betas to be relatively less stable (although bear in mind public betas have already been through an internal testing process first) but some people are happy to trade that for having the most uptodate in terms of features, but if you are seriously bothered by having to install lots of betas then either stick with the finalised releases or at least just select some of the betas at intervals you can live with.

aMUSEd wrote:
az82 wrote:
Pretty much, the 'more stable well tested' version you asked for is the release version, people expect betas to be relatively less stable (although bear in mind public betas have already been through an internal testing process first) but some people are happy to trade that for having the most uptodate in terms of features, but if you are seriously bothered by having to install lots of betas then either stick with the finalised releases or at least just select some of the betas at intervals you can live with.
It is entirely in the users hands... stick to release versions, install all betas, install one or more betas

zvenx wrote:
If it wasn't sarcasm directly at me.

This,it was directed at az82

Edit, sorry, missed a whole page :oops:

Here's a weird one for you...

Zebra2: If Envelope3 is used in a patch, then on loading the patch it always appears at the top of the modulators panel, regardless of its position on save :roll:

(you can easily see this by scrolling through the factory presets)

Edit: It seems I was a bit too quick to assign a specific bug case. It's not just Env3, the ordering on the right-hand 'modulators' pane appears to be generally stuffed-up :(
Last edited by EdHarvey on Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zebra Bug:
The Delay Module still leaks delayed sound when set to 0% Wet.

EdHarvey wrote:Here's a weird one for you...

Zebra2: If Envelope3 is used in a patch, then on loading the patch it always appears at the top of the modulators panel, regardless of its position on save :roll:

(you can easily see this by scrolling through the factory presets)

Edit: It seems I was a bit too quick to assign a specific bug case. It's not just Env3, the ordering on the right-hand 'modulators' pane appears to be generally stuffed-up :(
close/reopen editor - the order of modules is not (yet) saved with preset. So once it's changed within a session, it's changed also for subsequent preset loads.

Marian W wrote:Zebra Bug:
Can't confirm... do you have a preset for us?

zvenx wrote:Hi Michael, Just returned from a trip. Are there about to be a new build released in say the next four or five days?
Would hate to download these, for both mac and pc (all except three I think I am licensed for) and then have to do it again in four or five days.
thanks
rsp
Hi zvenx,

As of now I think we'll release rev 3890 of everything except Satin, Presswerk (few things we want to tackle) and Tyrell N6 (some little FR from Amazona). There is no issue which to fix outweighs the benefit of releasing these sooner. We'll decide this tomorrow.

We'll of course keep pumping out betas or fixes such as the clipped labels in Zebra.

- Urs

Great. Thanks Urs and I assume ZebraHz will be updated to our accounts at that time.
rsp
sound sculptist

Urs wrote:
Marian W wrote:Zebra Bug:
Can't confirm... do you have a preset for us?
Stupid me ...
Had a preset with XY mapped and modulated DelayMix :dog:

Return to “u-he”