PRODUCTS

Scottex wrote:
Scottex wrote:
ezelkow1 wrote:So expect at least plug-in management to be coming in 3.1
I'm expecting this too, we will see...
YEAH it's here as requested.

Studio One 3.1 is out :tu:
:D

The plugin manager design is pretty cool. It fits right in with the way S1 works, no unnecessary secondary windows or dialogs and all that. If I was to previously guess how they'd might do it I'd not have guessed that approach.

My personal FR wishlist aside, that's what I like about S1 most, how everything fits, how much attention they pay to simplicity in some of these designs.

Being able to hide plugins is great, specifically for plugs that have both VST2/VST3 versions, or multi-out versions that I don't use.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Yeah, the new plugins management is super cool. Simple and effecient, purely Stdio One style. Although when double click track head to add an instrument track, the list there is not changed accordingly, seems like a bug.

I think they just didn't include a couple of things with favorites (or "yet"). You also don't see favorites with the "Add Insert" action popup, just a flat listing.

I was hoping that we would be able to rename plugins in the manager..

I always thought that will be very cool to be able to add a effect plugin thru shortcut or macro command, maybe in the future... For now we can just send our FR...

Scottex wrote:I always thought that will be very cool to be able to add a effect plugin thru shortcut or macro command, maybe in the future... For now we can just send our FR...
You kinda can with macros, in theory, but there are focus issues preventing it. I have it working on my system but it's a with a modified macro editor, where I wrote JS functions. It pops up the "Add Insert" action and loops x times to reach any plug in the list. It happens so fast you never even see the window pop up.

Curiously enough, it's built in by default for Event FX, you can make a macro to insert any plugin on any clip(s), but nothing built in for track inserts.

Anyway, if they ever open up the Javascript there like Tracktion did, it will get pretty interesting.

After downloding, spent an hour trying to figure out how to reassign an instrument to another channel. Channel editor? Gave up.

Edit: figured it out I think. I tried just dragging it over another instrument's channel.

I'm still trying to configure midi input channels per instrument. They each play every channel in. Help!
Last edited by trewq on Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

SeeingInMidi wrote:I was hoping that we would be able to rename plugins in the manager..
So you tried it out and it doesn't include this feature? I haven't upgraded yet due to all the reports of crashes with some iLok2 plugins I use (Slate and Kush), but was hoping that plugin renaming is allowed and just wasn't listed. Otherwise: huge miss. That would be the ONLY feature I would have wanted in a plugin manager (I never got the allow folder requests when you can just create folders on your HD and have S1 use that).

Very nice update :)
I don't have many plugs, so I don't need to manage them. Still they are a very well thought of enhancements. I like all my plugs, so all are my favourites :hihi:

What I like especially, is colourizing the tracks controls and adding channel numbers. The number of tracks are nice as well. It is a colourful workflow now ;)

I love this update. I just wish Studio One would not try to go online every time I start it. Norton keeps giving me firewall warnings which it never gave me before. Very weird.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
SeeingInMidi wrote:I was hoping that we would be able to rename plugins in the manager..
So you tried it out and it doesn't include this feature? I haven't upgraded yet due to all the reports of crashes with some iLok2 plugins I use (Slate and Kush), but was hoping that plugin renaming is allowed and just wasn't listed. Otherwise: huge miss. That would be the ONLY feature I would have wanted in a plugin manager (I never got the allow folder requests when you can just create folders on your HD and have S1 use that).
I tried looking for a rename option, can't find any.

I wouldnt need a rename function if fricken Universal Audio didn't have to put UAD in front of every plugin name FFS.
• Logic Pro 10.8.1
• MacBook Pro 2023 - M2 MAX - 96 GB RAM
• Focusrite Red 8Line + UAD Satellite

Afaik, that's been possible since 1.0. Here's how...

1. Load a plugin.
2. Rename the device.
3. Drag the preset to the browser. Name the preset if you want.

Now whenever you drag in that preset the name you gave it persists. See it image below. You could always organize and rename your plugs that way with presets... like now below instead or always saying Reacomp-Standalone that plug just says ReaComp when I drag that preset in. The custom name is part of the preset xml data...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”