soundtoys V5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

auricle wrote:Is it possible to put the license on an iLok if you don't want it on the disk?
Sure, that's where I keep mine.

auricle wrote:Is it possible to put the license on an iLok if you don't want it on the disk?
Yes.

FREE :D .....

Yep.

Here is a first quick and dirty rack experiment, just processing a simple sequence of octaves played with some synth bells which eventually leads to a nice ambient cloud sort of thing - v5 is indeed a great update totally worth the cash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96ICDaipsL0

all those freebies light versions came in handy....I had a few commercial singles, and they were $29 each to go to version 5, OR.. i had an offer to get the entire everything suite for $50 if i included all the freebies in the UG as well. Um, yeah, duh! I guess I will be ditching some other stuff and keeping soundtoys instead. Only thing I am not rapped about is filter freak, i think the drop sounds much much better.

Sampleconstruct wrote:Here is a first quick and dirty rack experiment, just processing a simple sequence of octaves played with some synth bells which eventually leads to a nice ambient cloud sort of thing - v5 is indeed a great update totally worth the cash:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96ICDaipsL0

Nice sounds!

Why is the GUI so laggy in the video though?
:borg:

At all: You can choose where you want to put your two licenses. To two harddrives, two iLoks or mixed. PERFECT! A lot of other plugins for-iLok-developers should do the same. TWO LICENSES, not one.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Is there any difference in CPU load for the individual units? (ie, when not using the rack).

EDIT: vs V4 of course.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

BTW: The upgrade price is just FREAKIN AWESOME

I was expecting more like 150 - 250. Soundtoys, you're just the best :D :D :D :D

maybe people should wait the black friday to upgrade ....

hivkorn wrote:maybe people should wait the black friday to upgrade ....
Hahaha... I don't think the price will get any better.

Also, on the specs page it says requires Windows 7.

Anybody successfully running on XP yet?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Another unclear situation, because I haven't yet installed it.

What about Speed? Will it remain? Is there an upgraded version?

I don't think the price will get any better.
Last year i have upgraded to the full bundle (from decapitator + echoboy) for a good price during the black friday

Return to “Effects”