iPad Gen 1 & iOS5 apps today (Q4 '15)

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a first gen iPad that is increasingly getting used less and less.

What I would like to do is buy a dock like the Alesis IODock and have it permanently wired into the studio.

Being a first gen it's restricted to iOS5 though, so that obviously limits the choice of apps.

The only useful one I can think of is the Korg iMS20 but I have a real MS20 and the Legacy collection.

So I put it to you, does it have any place in today's studio?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Probably wouldnt run the latest versions, but for me I'd say the best utility would be as a controller, ie Lemur or Touchcontrol.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:Probably wouldnt run the latest versions, but for me I'd say the best utility would be as a controller, ie Lemur or Touchcontrol.
Good thinking. One can never have too many control surfaces.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

whyterabbyt wrote:Probably wouldnt run the latest versions, but for me I'd say the best utility would be as a controller, ie Lemur or Touchcontrol.
Yeah that's how I use my iPad 2 now and the Air 2 is for the heavyweight synths.

That would have been my recommendation as well. :-)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Yeah, that's exactly what I've done with my gen-1 iPad since buying my gen-4. I tried to sell it on craigslist a year or so ago and was only getting $40 offers, or trade for skateboards ( :lol: ), etc, so I decide it wasn't even worth trying to sell. Now, it just stays in the studio with V-Control Pro and Lemur always ready to go.

The other thing I use it for is to put it on a music stand when the vocalists come over and I have them just email me the lyrics they plan on singing. It actually works great for that because they don't have to hold a piece of paper near their face to read (i.e., no rustling paper noise spilling into the mic) and they can zoom/scroll quietly, etc.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

My gen1 has been relegated to the kitchen for recipes and timers
Instant human just add coffee

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”