Newbie Logic PRO X question about AGML II

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I absolutely love these acoustic guitars and will buy them in the future. I downloaded AGML II and watched the Reverend videos many, many times to understand how to use the limited features creatively in Logic Pro X. In strummer mode, when I drag and drop a MIDI pattern, I cannot figure out how to create a key change in the same track, other than create a new track. What am I missing? Is it the Lite version? It is the one concept from the Reverend video which I can't understand how it was done. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Many thanks,
AJB

Thanks for your praises, what does a key change mean? you want to change chords? or rhythm?

Thank you for responding. I'm sorry...I wrote the wrong question. I want to change chords.

There are 2 modes in Strummer, Select and Detect, the keyswitches C1 - B2 (C3 - B5 in Sonar and FLStudio) change chords.

I understand how to change chords when the strummer is in auto mode. The part that I don't understand is the drag and drop MIDI function. Let's say I open a new track and drag/drop a C chord pattern into the first measure. That will play in C no problem. I then change to a D chord in Select or Detect Mode and drag/drop into the second measure. When I play it back, only the D chord plays in both measures. Thanks for your time.

You need to add chord keyswitches manually. the drag and drop patterns are rhythm only.

Okay, now I understand that the patterns are rhythm only. How do I add the chord keyswitches manually? The manual mentions this, but not exactly how to do it in a way that I understand it.

Add the chord keyswitches C1 - B2 in select mode. e.g. write a D1 note, you can change chord.

I'll try this one more time and please include each step. Let's say I am in pattern 8(default) and I press D1 major on the MIDI keyboard. What happens next? Where exactly in the sequence grid would I write that D1 note? Does the note consist of more than one little box in the grid? I will have the same questions when I buy the full version.

In all of the videos, Reverend talks about how to create the chord changes in each measure and I can clearly see them in MIDI form. But, he has already added them without showing how it was done.

Set Start, Strum, Pre-delay in DAW for better strummed sound.
11.png
Drag a rhythm into MIDI track
12.png
Switch to main panel you will find some color lines, the green one is color keyswtich zone.
14.png
wirte some chord notes, you will can change chords.
15.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions in detail. I understand how it works now! I thought the answer was in the Ample sequence display. In reality, it was adding notes to the piano roll edit window in Logic Pro X after the pattern drag and drop. I will be buying the acoustic bundle very soon.
Thank you and bless you!

You are welcome, bless you.

Return to “Ample Sound”