October Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I especially do not want to convince you by insisting again and again, I was just saying my perspective. It was interesting to discuss. :wink:
--------------------------------------------------
Je ne veux surtout pas vous convaincre en insistant encore et encore , je disais juste mon point de vue. C'était intéressant d'en débattre. :wink:

Caution, post translated with Google ... :wink:

ClaRago
Gekritzel

In my point of view, there is absolutely nothing that reminds me of the spirit and sound of rock, although the term "revisited" is present in the proposal of the contest. This word is probably too stuck in my mind.
Ok, I forget the word "rock" and I speak about the song itself, forgetting the theme of the month.
The sequences are very beautiful, really, really. The sound is clear, and images are carried by themselves on a very straight forward, very haunting. Lines sequences also remind me of the harmony of work Tangerine Dream. The pretty job, I think.
------------------------------------------------------
A mon avis, il n'y a strictement rien qui m'évoque l'esprit et le son du rock, même si le terme "revisited" est présent dans la proposition du contest. Ce mot est sans doute trop figé dans mon esprit.
Ok, j'oublie le mot "rock" et je parle du morceau lui-même en oubliant le thème du mois.
Le séquences sont très belles, vraiment, vraiment. Te son est limpide, et les images se déroulent toutes seules sur une avancée très linéaire, très obsédante. Les lignes de séquences m'évoquent d'ailleurs le travail d'harmonie de Tangerine Dream. Du joli boulot, je trouve.

Clarago, I'd like to download your entry, I can't.

Caution, post translated with Google ... :wink:

Mister Natural
One Thousand Rocks

Yeh. Nice.
Very interesting piece, really Bowie feeling.
I don't like the snare drum, because it's too dull. More, I don't like the drums, too "drum machine" for my taste, compared to some others instruments.
The lead vocal really pleases me, and brass are truly captivating, composition is original, very personal.
The electric guitar has a good sound, but deserved to be less predictable.
Finally, in my opinion, the mix is good.

^ merci, belle homme
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Thanks, Daniel, for your very nice and kind comments. Rock is, for me anyway , a very generic term which encompasses a huge variety of musics in the way that Gesualdo and Stockhausen will be classified as classical and Ornette Coleman or Frank Sinatra as jazz. Metal, folk, prog, ambient, electronic, experimental, pop, fusion, funk, to name a few, it's all rock to me. Since the contest is open to all aspects of rock I thought that for once I was well within the theme. You are obviously welcome to think differently.
My track should be downloadable without any problem.Please let me know if it doesn't work.

ClaRago wrote:My track should be downloadable without any problem.Please let me know if it doesn't work.
Tried again and it's OK now. Probably a technical flaw on my end. Sorry for the trouble.

Daniel Pompougnac wrote:Translated with Google, caution !

I would just say one thing.
It is violence for me to vote. It seems easy to choose two or three pieces which I prefer, but have classified ALL the songs in my order of preference does not mean anything and is really too difficult. Why emphasize the compositions that we do not like classifying them? This is not positive.
I had already asked for a change, a few years ago, and I know that change is not easy, but I remain very uncomfortable with that.
I repeat, I think that choosing for example the first three songs that we like should suffice.
Is really, it's not a bit masochistic for a musician to come and submit a song and incurring rankings and subjective assessments that can hurt him ? his may also discourage.
I know that some musicians on the KVR forum don't want to submit a piece because they're afraid and I understand them.

And worst of all, is to receive a very high score of another competitor and give it badly because his song you do not like his song ((or otherwise). Argl !
Sorry, I'm not doing that, and I do not want to.

The most important are the reviews, the desire to create a time-limited, pleasure to have a theme around which to compose ...
Okay, I stop, it is just an opinion.
It's always painful to vote. Really.

Je voudrais juste dire une chose.
C'est une violence pour moi de voter. Il me paraît facile de choisir les deux ou trois morceaux que je préfère, mais devoir classer TOUTES les chansons selon mon ordre de préférence ne signifie rien et est vraiment trop difficile. Pourquoi insister sur les compositions qui ne nous plaisent pas en les classant ? Ce n'est pas positif.
J'avais déjà demandé un changement, il y a quelques années, et je sais bien que changer n'est pas simple, mais je reste vraiment très mal à l'aise avec ça.
Je répète, je pense que que choisir par exemple les trois premiers morceaux qui nous plaisent devrait suffire.
Est-ce que réellement, ce n'est pas un peu masochiste pour un musicien de venir soumettre une chanson et donc de s'exposer à des classements et des appréciations subjectives qui peuvent lui faire du mal ? Cela peut aussi le décourager.
Je sais que certains musiciens sur KVR ne participent pas au Contest à cause de cela, parce que cela leur fait peur.

...Et le pire du pire, c'est de recevoir une très bonne note d'un autre concurrent et de lui donner une mauvaise note parce que son morceau ne vous plait pas (ou le contraire). Argl !
Désolé, je ne sais pas faire ça, et je ne veux pas le faire.

Le plus important, ce sont les critiques, la volonté de créer dans un temps limité, le plaisir d'avoir un thème autour duquel composer...
D'accord, j'arrête, il s'agit juste d'une opinion.
C'est chaque fois douloureux de voter. Vraiment.
I agree with 3 tier voting, but have no problem with 10. It's more work, but what is more important to the last unwinning 7 are constructive comments. I don't really like the idea of competitions even though I've submitted 6 works here. But I don't make the rules.

If we stick with 10, I suggested to Mr. Miltz a blind voting system where we send our votes to him and he tallies them for us. This would eliminate the possibility of favoritism for good ratings or payback for poor ratings, even if they occur subconsciously and not intentionally.

One way to make the voting less subjective and more fair to the composer is to rate the work 1-10 in categories, like

Adherence to the theme
Originality
Sound production

My 2c

Back in the days we made once an anonymous contest, everybody hidden under funny pseudos (I believe that the tracks were all sent to and hosted by the mod of these days, Markleford if I'm not mistaken).

Even though it wasn't a scientific research, it tended to demonstrate that knowing or not for whom you vote doesn't make any noticeable difference. At the end of the day, the usual suspects are where you expect to find them.

Nonetheless, a cool concept that we should try again.

IMO, voting is a necessary part of the game, but the process and results are not so important and should not become too serious an issue. Because it is only that: a game.

Wopelka wrote:IMO, voting is a necessary part of the game, but the process and results are not so important and should not become too serious an issue. Because it is only that: a game.
This^
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

If we stick with 10, I suggested to Mr. Miltz a blind voting system where we send our votes to him and he tallies them for us. This would eliminate the possibility of favoritism for good ratings or payback for poor ratings, even if they occur subconsciously and not intentionally.
Yes, very interesting. Because we can't both participants and both vote, it is a strange situation.
Because it is only that: a game.
Yes. And no.
There is an artistic concept, an emotional connotation, sensitivity.
This is a game where people reveal a lot. Musical messages that one accepts or rejects it, so I think we should respect the personal musical entity of everyone and not being caricatured as at school.

Mister Natural wrote:
Daniel Pompougnac wrote: It's always painful to vote
I understand where you're coming from
I wish you would have been on one of my jurys while I studied vocal & composition in college !

8)
It's demoralizing to be cast as the last in a group of ten - the bottom of the list. Why do it then? It's equally demoralizing to be obligated to cast that vote.

I guess we are all different. As far as I am concerned, it is a given that if you enter into a contest having as a core principle a voting process, you have to be prepared to any outcome the latter might lead to. At a pinch, if your sensitivity doesn't allow you to bear a bad ranking, just forbid yourself to read others' voting posts, nay the results thread. Enjoy the help of themes and deadlines, the friendly fellowship of musician peers, their valuable music offerings, the reviewers' comments, and stay away from all the *nasty things*. Peace.

Why all these annoying double posts? :help:

Why all these annoying double posts?
It's to better convince ! :D
Seriously, do you post with your cellphone, your computer browser, from an email application ?

Return to “Music Cafe”