Disto released! (Distressor & Fatso in 1)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

soulone82 wrote:Hit My Software and see if Disto is there.
Thank you. I appreciate your efforts. I hit every button on the page twice and thats enough for me :)

Use email if you want!

Bought it.
The "Out of order" mode is so powerful and aggressive.
I'm not sure what's going on inside... but it sounds pretty nice.

Bought it after one month of waiting, couldnt wait to couple it with the SDC and the MEQ, I believe the quality now speaks for itself. The SDC is one of the best compressors Ive ever come across, in simple words the GUI and controls, the dynamics and interaction between each mode have no flaws I can find what so ever. I was never impressed by Quintos plugins until i tried roundtone, the 1950s tube compressor seemed average until I bought the C165 and since ive given them a lot more time and attention, they are now up there with the waves Vcomp and nomad factory 2254 clones, I class these as some of the best

quintosardo wrote:Use email if you want!
Im not sure what that means? Pretty vague.

producer7 wrote:
quintosardo wrote:Use email if you want!
Im not sure what that means? Pretty vague.
It means email him directly for better support. Quintosardo -at- yahoo .<om

How's the CPU usage? Any latency?

SampleScience wrote:Why no demo? I'd like to try it before buying it.

Thanks!
+1

This always comes up.

There are no demos, because it takes too much resources from the small dev team.

BUT, Quinto offers a no questions asked refund, if you don't like a plug for any reason.

Same thing, more or less. You risk nothing.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

No Au.?
fup4000

fup4000 wrote:No Au.?
Yes, there's AU, in the same file. You just replace the original .vst suffix with .component.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:
fup4000 wrote:No Au.?
Yes, there's AU, in the same file. You just replace the original .vst suffix with .component.

/Joachim
Ahhh i see. Thnaks!
fup4000

e@rs wrote:How's the CPU usage? Any latency?
Around 4 samples of latency, CPU about 15% of a single core on my 2012 i7 MBP.

shadowdancerbnr wrote:
e@rs wrote:How's the CPU usage? Any latency?
Around 4 samples of latency, CPU about 15% of a single core on my 2012 i7 MBP.
Any comparable values on a Windows i7 (1st or 2nd Gen) rig? (asked this on page 1 and 2 already, actually more often prior to the purge)

The 15% on a fairly recent MacBook Pro sounds a bit intense IMO. And since the MacBook Pro from 2012 runs on Ivy Bridge, I'd say this is a huge CPU waster yet again rather than a lightweight tool.

Spitfire31 wrote:BUT, Quinto offers a no questions asked refund, if you don't like a plug for any reason.

Same thing, more or less. You risk nothing.
Actually, those that never got an answer through the support, or are refused of support (due to "reasons"), are risking a lot.

Which is a pity, but if this is how the company works - so be it.
Though as usual, YMMV. :shrug:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

I also contacted Q about high cpu use, he said he's working on optimizations. So that's good.

Compy i will check for exact values on my i7 3770k and post it for you.

Return to “Effects”