Neumann U47 FET Re-release

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

are there any knock-offs to this thing for say $200 or less, which sound ok? a quick search in here found a thread where it said the jz v47 sounds pretty good; but that is over $1000. are there any decent, budget competitors from say, china? tia

(wish i had 4 grand to throw around... seems like the u47 would be a no-brainer if money weren't a consideration. ymmv)

Xiangqi wrote:are there any knock-offs to this thing for say $200 or less, which sound ok? a quick search in here found a thread where it said the jz v47 sounds pretty good; but that is over $1000. are there any decent, budget competitors from say, china? tia

(wish i had 4 grand to throw around... seems like the u47 would be a no-brainer if money weren't a consideration. ymmv)
I would love to get a Neumann U47 tube re-issue.

I had the opportunity to demo one in my studio years ago, best mic for my voice.
It was too expensive so I passed.
Donald Fagen went for it (more resources). :)

One of the all time great microphones.

M-Audio offers Sputnik for about $500 which can get close to the sound but seems a bit finicky in terms of placement and volume.

Doesn't sound great for all vocalist but can be impressive in the right situation.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”