xoxos caprice

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:hihi:

i was thinking the enhance alg would get a lot of use for "subtly animating" sounds, for "warming" more conventional stuff the same way you'd want to record to tape.. but i think it's better for boiling than warming.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

here's a way to put it.. i guess nowadays phrases like "subtly warming" don't mean much when everyone says them..

..ever been mixing a synth part, trying to boost it with an eq and realised, the oscillator/patch doesn't have enough harmonic content in that range to boost.. maybe it sounds great as a lead but you throw it into a reverb or something which emphasises the thinness of the spectral content..

..this is where you want to use caprice.

using a chorus is the old school way of adding frequency content around what's there.. the modulated delay shifts freqs up and down a bit, you get thicker, albeit cyclic tone..

caprice allows you to say, "i need more content.. in that range.." without using something as overt as a chorus or adding another part.. you just increase the frequency content. i think it is a process that could be used frequently in mixing.

there are some effects i left out of the audio demo for you to explore yourself, eg. the enhance upwards/downwards only.. in strong amounts these have something of a pitch shifting effect.. eg. you can add a lot of bass to a voice and make it sound deep, add more and it sounds like a mix of pitch shifted voices.. a unique effect that i anticipate you'll find many applications for.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I'm starting to get the hang with it. Today I try to use caprice with a voice, in a send track. Very subtle, but it enhances the intelligibility of the frases, adding some articulated (vowed filtered?) high frequency noise on top of the clean voice.

i thought this plugin would have some application for subtle processing.

i'm still waiting for vst users to notice what this thing does, apart from swirl.

it says,
[ctrl] for fine tune

that's control,

..for fine tune Image

if anyone doesn't "get it",
throw it on some vocals or something with complex/varying content, and put it in "invert hold" and raise the first slider.

this is the same as using "enhance" then subtracting the dry signal by inverting it. what this does is raise frequency bins around what's there, then subtract the original, making a "glow" or spectral "aura" around what you are processing.

your other plugins aren't doing this. where are you going to get a sound to do that?

right here. caprice. this plugin is full metal pimp.

so, am i just selling you things now?

if i were just selling you things, wouldn't i be here all the time, with all sorts of things to sell you?

hey, you. kvraudio member. explore this plugin. when have i ever given you the same as what you get elsewhere.

you tell me, if this isn't a welcome addition to your processing retinue.

xoxos wrote:

caprice allows you to say, "i need more content.. in that range.." without using something as overt as a chorus or adding another part.. you just increase the frequency content. i think it is a process that could be used frequently in mixing.
Definitely, with this direct and simple interface, I could use this. I've run into exactly this a couple times this week. I'll use an exciter with even harmonics (or 'tube warmer' type),but it's kind of extra thinking to do something that does more than this more basic idea, typically too much, obviously (even with 'tube warmer' sat. type). But of course I don't do windows so I'm not buying, I think I would tho'.

I use (HarmonicAdder) and (PT Harmonizing) to add frequencies that does not exist in simple sounds and to restore missing harmonics.

awesome! new ways to FSU do not come everyday!

yeah a couple folks have said stuff like "i add sidebands with ring modulation" :hihi: to create disinterest based on the statements about what caprice does.

this plugin should have been free 10 years ago. back when people talked about fft as if it were some profound feat of strength, not something that every developer should be using easily.

Going through my pages of 'bookmarks', and found this! :love:

So much cool (budget jugglingly worthy) stuff, the past year. I've put this on my August BUY list.

Awesome work as usual. :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

This thing is great, bizarre (compliment), can be subtle but can be extremely not subtle, serious FSU.

thanks~
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

as a fyi, there are likely to be one or two offshoots of this effect using/refining the enhance/randomisation, maybe after the summer stops leaving me exhausted at the end of the day.

xoxos wrote:as a fyi, there are likely to be one or two offshoots of this effect using/refining the enhance/randomisation, maybe after the summer stops leaving me exhausted at the end of the day.
Cool! I appreciate the simplicity and legibility of the UI, btw. :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Effects”