Do we really need other GUI colors (skins) in BITWIG?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think the S1 color tweaker is a cool idea. That would give everybody a lot of freedom to make the program fit them just right instead of loads of people with all different tastes waiting for them to release the perfect theme. Maybe there could be a flat theme to work with too, or maybe they could be be really slick and add a slider for how pronounced the 3d effect is. Seems like it would be hard to make that work though. Having theme editing or multiple themes isn't a big deal to me though, just icing on the cake. I think Bitwig's theme is pretty nice, only issue is that imo a few things changed for the worse going from 1.1 to 1.2. I might be the only one who thinks that though.

Just please don't copy that awful studio one 3 gui :x Because of that i got rid of studio one.
Bitwig's gui is really great , clear and simple. No need to be changed.

I just would like to see a white skin for all working in the bright sun. just replace all black by white with the same gradients as in the actual form.

but please nothing like StudioOne. absolutley too much

vondersulzburg wrote:I just would like to see a white skin for all working in the bright sun. just replace all black by white with the same gradients as in the actual form.

but please nothing like StudioOne. absolutley too much
If you had those controls that studio one has you could just turn a few sliders to get what you wanted. Too much is making a white theme for people that wanna work in the sun, a dark theme with a dark arrange for people who like working at night, a grey theme for people who don't like too much color, a blue theme for people who like blue instead of orange, etc. Those controls just give you the power to do that stuff yourself. I don't think it's complex, it's an efficient way to make most people as happy as possible. It's not like it gonna hurt you to have that stuff tucked away in a prefs screen somewhere.

Ogopogo wrote:...Too much is making a white theme for people that wanna work in the sun, a dark theme with a dark arrange for people who like working at night, a grey theme for people who don't like too much color, a blue theme for people who like blue instead of orange, etc.
Of course it's not highest priority, but Ableton Live shows that there's no harm if one can choose between lots of beautiful skins.

2ZrgE wrote:
Ogopogo wrote:...Too much is making a white theme for people that wanna work in the sun, a dark theme with a dark arrange for people who like working at night, a grey theme for people who don't like too much color, a blue theme for people who like blue instead of orange, etc.
Of course it's not highest priority, but Ableton Live shows that there's no harm if one can choose between lots of beautiful skins.
I just mean it's probably more efficient to give the user control than trying to preinclude an option for everyone.

When did ableton get option to choose skin, when did studio one get option to change color? You see they were quite late with it. Fl 12 doesnt even have option for color, they had skins befoee but not anymore. How about reason 8.3, no option there either. Pro tools? I have no experience of it but anyone else might know. Anyway this Just shows how important color is or NOT! Take care ;)
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

Ogopogo wrote:
2ZrgE wrote:
I just mean it's probably more efficient to give the user control than trying to preinclude an option for everyone.
Some people would have fun with that, frankly I'm too lazy to figure out suitable colour combinations for myself, I prefer using my time for music production instead of skinning.

But as there are enough people out there who enjoy skinning maybe we'll have a lot of them for Bitwig if there's a skinning option.

Only thing I'd want is a darker/different color on the note you're pressing in piano roll, it's not too bad, but it's a little awkward to see sometimes, especially with f.lux on

skins and colors for v4

Return to “Bitwig”