Amplitube 4 is here!!!!! ......well almost.....

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 4

Overall I find preset management to be kind of clunky, could be I'm Doing It Wrong.

On the computer I like quick access to presets, since I've got a guitar in one hand and a pick in the other, and I'm leaning over just to edit anything. (Yes my ergonomics could be better, working on it.) I typically use Save As, and stick them in a categorized folder, but off the top of my head...
  • Scrolling the resulting menus is quite awkward once they're taller than the screen
  • I'm often not that close to the computer, and navigating that hierarchical menu is awkward in general
  • The grid view might be better in some ways, maybe, but it doesn't show anything about the folder hierarchy, not even the immediate containing directory name. That's super frustrating, since my presets are actually organized pretty well in that sense, but that info is ignored there.
  • The grid view makes me enter or clear way too many fields I don't care about, or look at a bunch of inappropriate info that's already there. I'd like to be able to hide most of those columns and entry fields.
  • I wish there was a Big Buttons mode, where I could assign a number of presets, maybe 10-20 of them, to a grid of buttons big enough to be really easy to read and click from a distance with a pick in your hand, if I'm just puttering in the living room and don't have a midi footswitch connected.
Last edited by dwozzle on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
davidka wrote: Well yes, I've read among the lines from Peter, that the cab section's improvement alone alters the sound in a pleasant way. Also, I believe I've read here that AT4 improves the components which are shared by every amp. Hence I was not considering that they keep the old ones just to make them 'sound like they used to' before.
The existing AmpliTube 3 models have not been re-coded. They will benefit from the new features in AmpliTube 4 which will affect their sound. AmpliTube 4 will be a completely separate install so for those who might want to keep the previous models sounding just the same, they can indeed to that by continuing to use AmpliTube 3 in that context.
@Peter: Will we have new audio demos for 'legacy' AT gear used through AT4? Also, what are the demo limitations for AT4?
I've heard nothing about doing something like this, it will probably be best to use the gear through AmplTube 4 when released to hear the difference using your own source material, presets, etc.
And yes, my biggest problem is more likely in the mind than the sound. It's a sad habit that I spend more time on reading gear than actually using what I have. I had great times with AT-free's included amps, but knowing that there are better alternatives inside the same software... Now that makes my ocd kick in :)
I cannot help with your OCD, I'm afraid :)
Thank you for your answers, Peter, I'm eager to try AT4 when it's ready :)

dwozzle wrote:Overall I find preset management to be kind of clunky, could be I'm Doing It Wrong.

[*]I wish there was a Big Buttons mode, where I could assign a number of presets, maybe 10-20 of them, to a grid of buttons big enough to be really easy to read and click from a distance with a pick in your hand, if I'm just puttering in the living room and don't have a midi footswitch connected. [/list]
I just made a program-changer with Reaktor.
..dial in a pc-number and send it by pressing a button.
Works with all vst that react to program-change midi command.

(Reaktor instrument sends program-change - Buttons can be triggered with mouse or midi controller/note)
... i want to upload it into the UL in the next 1-2 days.
- WonderEcho -

Klinke1 wrote:
dwozzle wrote:Overall I find preset management to be kind of clunky, could be I'm Doing It Wrong.

[*]I wish there was a Big Buttons mode, where I could assign a number of presets, maybe 10-20 of them, to a grid of buttons big enough to be really easy to read and click from a distance with a pick in your hand, if I'm just puttering in the living room and don't have a midi footswitch connected. [/list]
I just made a program-changer with Reaktor.
..dial in a pc-number and send it by pressing a button.
Works with all vst that react to program-change midi command.

(Reaktor instrument sends program-change - Buttons can be triggered with mouse or midi controller/note)
... i want to upload it into the UL in the next 1-2 days.
Cool that you could make that with Reaktor, hadn't thought of that. Seems a little like swatting flies with nuclear weapons though... Was hoping for something inside AT itself, so I can just run it standalone, like I do when Im just messing around.

Still, post back here when it's built. There are lots of ways to get stuff done :)

Question for Peter: i've already ordered amplitube 4 and a stealth pedal. I'm thinking of getting a double switch to bank up and down my presets and I was wondering if there was still a noticeable lag (in version 4) between changing presets (where the sound cuts monentarily) as was the case with amplitube 3? Ideally you want the transition to be seamless

triggerthehorizon wrote:Question for Peter: i've already ordered amplitube 4 and a stealth pedal. I'm thinking of getting a double switch to bank up and down my presets and I was wondering if there was still a noticeable lag (in version 4) between changing presets (where the sound cuts monentarily) as was the case with amplitube 3? Ideally you want the transition to be seamless
You would want to check with support, I have not tested the most recent builds of AmpliTube 4 in a setup similar to yours. I don't recall having that issue with AT3 either, so probably not the best to ask :)

dwozzle wrote: Cool that you could make that with Reaktor, hadn't thought of that. Seems a little like swatting flies with nuclear weapons though... Was hoping for something inside AT itself, so I can just run it standalone, like I do when Im just messing around.

Still, post back here when it's built. There are lots of ways to get stuff done :)
You need an instrument-track and send the midi to the VST.
0.1-0.2 % CPU usage @ 48kHz.. my 3 year old i7.
It works for Guitar-Rig, Reaktor, AT, S-Gear etc...

(Uploaded to NI Reaktor UL)
http://www.native-instruments.com/de/re ... show/9055/
- WonderEcho -

Klinke1 wrote:
dwozzle wrote: Cool that you could make that with Reaktor, hadn't thought of that. Seems a little like swatting flies with nuclear weapons though... Was hoping for something inside AT itself, so I can just run it standalone, like I do when Im just messing around.

You need an instrument-track and send the midi to the VST.
0.1-0.2 % CPU usage @ 48kHz.. my 3 year old i7.
It works for Guitar-Rig, Reaktor, AT, S-Gear etc...

(Uploaded to NI Reaktor UL)
http://www.native-instruments.com/de/re ... show/9055/
So you need a DAW running, in addition to Reaktor and Amplitube (or whatever VST you're targeting), right?

dwozzle wrote: So you need a DAW running, in addition to Reaktor and Amplitube (or whatever VST you're targeting), right?
Absolutely..
I recommend Cubase 8 Pro (549,-Euro)

--
A virtual midi cabel (LoopBE1) will also work as connection..i think.
- WonderEcho -

Amplitube 4 release date has been announced: October 29, 2015.

Also: the sale lasts til the 31st, so if you're on the fence you have two days to try and buy at the introductory price.
Brian Garrison
Tracks In The Box
YouTube | Facebook

I'm hoping the looper is useful. If it is, I may have to get a midi pedal controller.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

It's easier just to use a hardware pedal like ditto looper than it is to get hardware synced to midi stuff.

I gave up and went line 6. In the end I make more music than trying to figure out how to get crap to work.

I dunno, many figure out 'crap' just fine.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

incubus wrote:It's easier just to use a hardware pedal like ditto looper than it is to get hardware synced to midi stuff.

I gave up and went line 6. In the end I make more music than trying to figure out how to get crap to work.
I am seriously considering doing the same here. Which Line 6 did you get? :)
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Return to “Effects”