Indefinitely "Analyzing File..."

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am having a major issue, and am wondering if anyone else has encountered this. Since beginning to use Bitwig, and since I use it to DJ as well as produce, I have spent countless hours stretching tracks and building up my clip library. I recently converted my external hard drive, where the clips reside, to ExFat so that I could experiment with using Ubuntu, and to prepare for possibly getting a Surface Pro. Now, when I go to add one of my clips to the launcher, Bitwig hangs indefinitely on "analyzing file..." and never loads the file, even though the file path is the same. I have also now tried to connect the clip to the same file on a backup hard drive that is still formatted for Mac OS Extended, and it's the same issue - hangs indefinitely on "analyzing file..." Has anyone had this issue and if so, do you have any idea how to solve it? I hope no one else experiences this as literally 100s of hours of work are now unavailable to me until this is solved...

The only time I have ever experienced Bitwig analyzing an audio file indefinetely was after waking my computer from sleep in 1.2 Beta 7.

I havent been able to reproduce it again.

Best to contact tech support on this one.

I have indeed, no solution yet..

In case anyone else has this issue, in my case, I was able to solve it by reformatting the drive to NTFS using Paragon for Mac. It seems exFat may not work well with Bitwig.

After random crash Bitwig lost some samples in a project and was analyzing wrong samples infinitely.

Return to “Bitwig”