Seaboard ... Bitwig and Roli ? per note modulation, automation

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is Kaivo the closest thing to Continuum's EaganMatrix that we can get around? Does Kaivo have some good quality presets (even in additional paid packs) taking advantage of MPE?

thetechnobear wrote:
dom@bitwig wrote:For Bitwig devices as well as for VSTs, but in case of VSTs they have to support the Midi MPE specification:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-26 ... zyTx8/edit

So far i don't know any that fully support it, esp. the query part canDo MPE explained at the end of the specs document.

Cheers,
Dom
@Dom, today Madrona Labs have released Kaivo 1.2 (demo available from here )

this not only supports MPE, but also has the canDo MPE, as detailed at the end of the specification.
Ive tested this with 1.2 and it still does not appear to work.
(note: Kaivo works fine with MPE, if I just use a host which passes the MPE messages straight thru)

should I file this as a bug?
@Dom , fyi : I tested this with 1.3RC1 , and it also doesn't work.
(confirming the obvious, but my controller is working correctly with MPE with polysynth, so I know both the controller and kaivo are doing the right things)

@hyperscientist ... the presets that come with Kaito are easily adapted, usually I do one of two things (and a mixture of)
- replace the envelopes/lfo with Y or Z (in particular gate, I often drive from Z)
- drive the lfo rate and/or depths from Y/Z

but its easy enough to create your own presets, actually this is one of the joys of aalto and kaivo, creating (musically pleasing) presets is easy, its a well designed synth with just the right amount of control. anyway try with the demo :)

as for it being like eagen matrix... not really, Kaivo is derived from 'granular samples', EM is not... aalto is closer in this regard, but even then they are very different beasts.
but Aalto/Kaivo are I think the best VSTs/AUs out there for MPE at the moment. ( though Ace/Bazille via VpC are also good)

I'm having the same issue as thetechnobear, neither Kaivo 1.2 which adheres to what Dom is saying:
thetechnobear wrote:For Bitwig devices as well as for VSTs, but in case of VSTs they have to support the Midi MPE specification:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-26 ... zyTx8/edit
nor Aalto are working in Midi MPE mode. Any clues?

Cheers and thanks for the support!

Return to “Bitwig”