LinPlug Plugins Alpha 3, Octopus, Organ 3, relectro and RMV discontinue and final sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alpha Octopus Organ 3 relectro RMV Drum Addiction

is there any mp3 demo of Octopus Summa Signature Sounds? i dunno if it is worth.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:is there any mp3 demo of Octopus Summa Signature Sounds? i dunno if it is worth.
Select "SOUNDS" on this page..

http://web.archive.org/web/201509052000 ... topus.html

Psyclapse wrote:
Caine123 wrote:is there any mp3 demo of Octopus Summa Signature Sounds? i dunno if it is worth.
Select "SOUNDS" on this page..

http://web.archive.org/web/201509052000 ... topus.html
awesome, thanks!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Tested RMV once again [paying more attention to synthesized vs. sampled drums this time (thanx to c_voltage)] and discovered something really unexpected.

Same 5 drums triggering sequence playing in a loop. First I loaded a custom kit made with only synthesized drums. CPU usage: Studio One 2 20%, Live 9 / MuLab 6 10% and Reaper 5... 4%. Increasing all Decays to maximum on all 5 drums added 1% to the above figures.

Then I loaded the factory 808 and 909 kits. CPU usage: Studio One 2 15%, Live 9 / MuLab 6 6% and Reaper 5... 2%.

As much as I'm puzzled about RMV, those Reaper figures really left me speechless. I didn't use this DAW before, so I loaded Elysia Alpha Compressor and Madrona Labs Aalto. The CPU usage is almost half compared to Studio One and Live. How on Earth is that possible :?:

so far i bought ONLY octopus, is there a nice tutorial for it? o öoled the sound of the demo, not so modern sounding and having some old game sounding touch :). but i dont understand the synth much yet. also bought RElectro, can never have enough effect manglers! love em.

which plugins would u recommend as well? is RMV comparable with something? it also sounds nice, with some nice old school loops! im thinking about getting it. sounds pretty neat for some fast loops which you can change asap?

e@rs wrote:Tested RMV once again [paying more attention to synthesized vs. sampled drums this time (thanx to c_voltage)] and discovered something really unexpected.

Same 5 drums triggering sequence playing in a loop. First I loaded a custom kit made with only synthesized drums. CPU usage: Studio One 2 20%, Live 9 / MuLab 6 10% and Reaper 5... 4%. Increasing all Decays to maximum on all 5 drums added 1% to the above figures.

Then I loaded the factory 808 and 909 kits. CPU usage: Studio One 2 15%, Live 9 / MuLab 6 6% and Reaper 5... 2%.

As much as I'm puzzled about RMV, those Reaper figures really left me speechless. I didn't use this DAW before, so I loaded Elysia Alpha Compressor and Madrona Labs Aalto. The CPU usage is almost half compared to Studio One and Live. How on Earth is that possible :?:
It's really as simple as Reaper being very CPU efficient and Studio One at the opposite end of the scale. Also don't go on the DAWs CPU meters as gospel, use the computers one for a more accurate comparison.
Either way Reaper seems to be able to pull off some black magic re CPU usage.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

I guess it's thanks to REAPER's Anticipative FX. As far as I know it processes data quite in advance, at the expense of having a grater latency.

By mixing anticipativeFX off on armed tracks with it on on other tracks I think it manages to get the best of both worlds - just guessing again...:)

- Mario

Caine123 wrote:so far i bought ONLY octopus, is there a nice tutorial for it? o öoled the sound of the demo, not so modern sounding and having some old game sounding touch :). but i dont understand the synth much yet.
That's all I bought so far too :tu: . Tempted to get Alpha, but know I don't need it. As for an Octopus tutorial - I haven't found any, but there is a manual - http://www.linplug.de/stock/octopus/OctopusManual.pdf

Considering making a tutorial video for Octopus. Not 100% yet though.

Ridan wrote:
Caine123 wrote:so far i bought ONLY octopus, is there a nice tutorial for it? o öoled the sound of the demo, not so modern sounding and having some old game sounding touch :). but i dont understand the synth much yet.
That's all I bought so far too :tu: . Tempted to get Alpha, but know I don't need it. As for an Octopus tutorial - I haven't found any, but there is a manual - http://www.linplug.de/stock/octopus/OctopusManual.pdf

Considering making a tutorial video for Octopus. Not 100% yet though.
It is FM synth, so it is not easy to program :hihi:

Anyway, I had before FM8 and watched many tutorials about it. With that, it's helping a lot to understand Octopus.

Yes, there are no much references about it. I found this Japanese video (I don't speak Japanese, only counting till 5 :hihi:), I could understand what he wanted to say. It is like a review in two parts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CnlajW-tCA

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5anf9U88Sc

I liked when he played with the partials doing like the moving between wavetables! I don't know if I can automate that, but it can be in real time recording I guess.

Bought Relectro immediately after first test minutes, cool device, also planned for Octopus).

mabian wrote:I guess it's thanks to REAPER's Anticipative FX. As far as I know it processes data quite in advance, at the expense of having a grater latency.

By mixing anticipativeFX off on armed tracks with it on on other tracks I think it manages to get the best of both worlds - just guessing again...:)

- Mario
Interesting, I'll search for more info about that.

I got until Halloween to make the decision, to buy or not to buy RMV.
I bought it last night. Installed the library in the wrong folder, tried to move it- it did not work... reinstalled...

It has some nice drum sounds and lots of unusable. I am looking from electronica and rock stand point. Many useless HH, snares, DB... It is very easy to customize samples on the pad- just open any one- you can save the new kit. I was not able to find how to change MIDI channel of each pad, only the note on the keyboard it triggered by.

My biggest issue is that I can not figure out how to change the loops in a song. There is internal "Play" button, I can select and load any loop and it plays on its own or responds to host Play and Stop command. However- there is this huge section where it says, "Loop 1, Loop 2, loop 3, loop 4..." it just an empty space, I don't see how to insert loop there, it would not let me drag and drop- basically- I can make synth play one single loop all the time, and if I need a fill or change the beat, I would have to lead another instance. If somebody past this point, please, let me know how you arrange loops in the song. Thank you very much.

Astralv wrote:I can not figure out how to change the loops in a song. There is internal "Play" button, I can select and load any loop and it plays on its own or responds to host Play and Stop command. However- there is this huge section where it says, "Loop 1, Loop 2, loop 3, loop 4..." it just an empty space, I don't see how to insert loop there, it would not let me drag and drop- basically- I can make synth play one single loop all the time, and if I need a fill or change the beat, I would have to lead another instance. If somebody past this point, please, let me know how you arrange loops in the song. Thank you very much.
In the loop panel theres a little L square top left for Load and an I square for Import.
Thats as far as Ive got with it, not sure how to sequence the loops in a song.

There's a downloadable PDF manual, either on the linplug site or on archive.org, cant remember which, but if you wind back through this thread you should find some links.

There is also a bunch of RMV tutorial vids on youtube, eg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcGjztKPrGU

being a happy camper here with Alpha, Retro Rocket sounds and RMV.
just wanted to say.
:tu: thanks a bunch, Peter!

Thank you for the video. So the loops are not in MIDI? I thought loops were MIDI files that would play samples on the pads...

Return to “Instruments”