Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

i am wondering is this possible:
make phrase Rhythm as a Variation to create rhythmic chops?
not like arpegiators but maybe a slicer like...
for example :
copy a ghost of the melody generator and put a channel that has plug type sound and layer them

https://soundcloud.com/subcase/just-a-chop

Hi, its me again :)
i think it would really useful if Mirror Horizontally variation has "Preserve start times" option
as in FLStudio's Flip tool.

Warm Regards
Yıldırım.

still just a demo user feeling his way around RC here but unless I'm missing something that may be implemented in the full version, a simple Arpeggio Generator (or not quite simple!) would be great. something that is like the BlueArp VST but in a generator type of phrase for RC. i think that would be very useful.

also, something like a simple Undo button by the transport that would be a quick undo for the last edit only. i don't like the undo list unless it's something complicated.

again, I'm not on-board yet but i will be in the very near future. this seems like a great tool.
"..What is simple, is simply seen.."

Hi Attila,

yeps what i have in mind is not a freehand ( that give nothing very interesting ) but something with more constraint will be use, on scale ( of course ) and on chords but with ( important part ) a specific rythmic and pitch ( so basicely a kind of arpeggio ). It seems that many others followers of this thread have the same idea in mind.

now something totally different, please just check that ( from the work of
http://www.flow-machines.com/can-machin ... -creative/

have fun :)

Is it possible (or could it be possible) to bulk import a whole folder of MIDI files as phrases?

Hi guitarmanchu,

yes ...its in the Settings/Location

put all midi files in to "your" Custom Phrases folder's root...
(not the midi folder but midi files..after import you can delete them)

give a "Group" name : where you want to import ..and let the RC finish the task.

i hope it helps
Yıldırım.

Thanks, yes that's perfect!

Hi Yıldırım,

this is a very good idea! I immediately understood what you meant based on your excellent sample.
There is a similar 'slicing' feature built in when you drop a phrase from the browser to a phrase in the composition, by holding down the Ctrl key (without holding down the phrase is replaced). But this is a destructive operation, and thus it is far from the program philosophy. Your suggestion is much better, and I promise it will be added immediately after the first v3 beta is out (hopefully early/mid next week).

I am reading the excellent posts in this thread, although I reply rarely, not because I am ignoring your posts but I am too busy with the development. Unfortunately my old MacBook Pro died, so I had to order a new one which has not arrived yet, so the first beta version(s) will not be available for Mac OS X, sorry about that. After installing a new hard disk to a yet unused SATA III controller, and after a blue screen of death my windows partition got severely corrupted, so I had to reinstall everything. Fortunately I back up the source code daily, so nothing was lost.

Thanks!
Attila

yellukhan wrote:i am wondering is this possible:
make phrase Rhythm as a Variation to create rhythmic chops?
not like arpegiators but maybe a slicer like...
for example :
copy a ghost of the melody generator and put a channel that has plug type sound and layer them
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi Attila,

i am sure none of us would think you ignore the users...
just couldn't resist to suggest before i forget the idea..
so to me nothing urgent please take your time ...v3 = top priority :) .

Thanks i know the apply rhythm via Ctrl drag this is how i create my last MG presets.
Sorry to hear that.. too much trouble when system failure / install everything from scratch,
but i glad backups was ok and there :wink:

next week? this is good and exciting news :hyper:

one more thing
about the Ctrl drag = Apply Rhythm
i prepared tons of rhythm patterns to apply Chord Generator and save as ready to use CG presets ..
in this case note velocities very important, they does the actual rhythm/groove,
when they gone, only machine gun effect left :)

but i just realized velocities are lost after Ctrl drag only rhythm works
(i assume its because of we have 3 velocity steps in the rhythm editor)
it would very useful if also velocity applied via Ctrl drag.

(again, please no rush ... even for the reply)

Warm Regards
Yıldırım.

Scale option to "Velocity" variation would useful.
exact example of what i mean:
JS ix Midi Tool II in the Reaper "Velocity Scaling (%)" slider.

Nothing urgent.

Since the number of files in the browsers, especially in the "Phrase"-browser (thanks to Yellukhan), can become quite extensive, I would appreciate if RC could memorize the last state of those windows.
Not sure, if I said that right, so I'll try differently now: In the Phrase-browser, I made several sub-folders (Generators, Bass, Strings, etc.) and these subfolders can be displayed open or close. When I open the browser, it seems to show be default all subfolders in an open fashion, i.e. I have to scroll down endless lists, until I find what I want. It would be much better and faster for me, if I would find those subfolders all closed, so that I only see Bass, Beat, Chiptunes, Groove Chops and so on.
Does this make sense? Would it be possible?

Thomas

This is what you are looking for..if i get the problem right.

I think what Thomas means is that, although the "Collapse Groups" in the phrases dialog will close all open groups within a session, RC does not remember that state the next time RC is opened. All groups become expanded again the next time RC is run.

I agree it would be nice to have the state remembered at next session. This is not a killer but would aide in workflow.

Cheers!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

i was thinking this since long time,
would real little helper imho. :roll:

edit.
thanks dsan
now i understand and yes +1 for this.

Good ideas! None of them are difficult to add...
Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”