soundtoys V5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

deastman wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote: Well, at least you have it all setup so when the day comes you finally have some time, all you need then is some creativity to go with that equipment.

I wonder why we humans have f**ked up our concept with time and money, something seems wrong...
Don't get me started! I'm just watching life pass me by... At least I'm good at acquiring consumer goods. I even wrote some lyrics about it:

In the dark on the night
I fill up my empty life
With my credit card and computer
But I'll have the last laugh
This shall be my epitaph:
"He was a good consumer."

Still waiting for my slow, creaky wifi to finish downloading SoundToys 5...
ROFL with a touch of bittersweet :hug:

----
Almost 2 GB for an FX installer seemed quite hefty, probably all the graphics and wooden assets.

Sampleconstruct wrote:
deastman wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
----
Almost 2 GB for an FX installer seemed quite hefty, probably all the graphics and wooden assets.
The installer includes *live* footage of the the tree growing over the years. Actually, I suppose a couple of years of this footage are missing in the PC version as the Windows installer is *only* 800MB. Haven't watched through all decades though.

I think they used this tree for version 5:

Sampleconstruct wrote:I think they used this tree for version 5:

The cutting of it took them so long, I see :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

TheoM wrote:these are still unusable to me.. i was talking to soundtoys over so many emails about this problem years back and it is still there. It's so frustrating and potentially ear damaging....I am going to make a video of this too.
Yes, that sounds awful. PLEASE re-connect with our support team, because as far as I am aware this issue is not on our bug list, nor was it seen by any of our beta testers. We have fixed many, many bugs over the past year, and I have done virtually all of my development and testing using Logic 10.10 and have never seen this issue pop up.

Here's the link: https://www.soundtoys.com/forms/support

Also please e-mail me directly at ken@soundtoys.com so that I can make sure it gets looked at. In general, for s to fix any issue, we need to be able to reproduce it in house, so if you have a step-by-step recipe for doing that it would be very helpful to us.

-- Best

Ken Bogdanowicz
Soundtoys

A sonic universe from a simple arpeggiated piano chord, some B2 reverb was applied post FX rack, I'll post the preset in a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMVaROFr_QM

Here is the preset for the rack:

Download

Soundtoys 5 wood came from World of Warcraft it has enchants added to it and Rune magic cast over it.

TheoM wrote:
What happens is that i have made a setting with a knob. Let's use an example here, that i have driven radiator to it's max input, but also lowered it to it's negative max output.. i.e i was simply driving the sat without increasing the volume.

All good. I go to grab the output knob, and it behaves as expected, i can adjust the volume from where i last had it. But every so often, say 1 in 10 times, when going to grab any soundtoys knob on any plugin, instead of grabbing where it is position wise, it just jumps to some random (usually extreme) position. This time the output decided to jump to +18 db :dog: - and all i was trying to do was grab it so i could take it from MINUS 18 db to around minus 15. If i hadn't had the logic isp limiter on the master i probably would have blown my iloud.. and thank goodness i was not wearing headphones.

But the knob one is actually infuriating. For real. I mean it's done it on devil loc deluxe and radiator so far. Which, with decapitator in third place, are my two favourite soundtoys plugins of all time.
I'm sorry you keep running into that knob sensitivity issue, Theo! We actually just brought that issue up again internally, and we have a video of it happening in our bugtracker. There is pretty much an accidentally large "hit zone" on a few different knobs, which means that clicking in a particular way can cause the knob to jump around.

Like Ken mentioned, we fixed a huge number of bugs leading up to this release. This just was not one of them, but it doesn't mean we won't be fixing it. We will continue to spin maintenance releases of Soundtoys 5 in the coming weeks.
Now soundtoys can't even try tell me it's my machine.. cause this is a brand new machine and new OS from the last time we spoke. All i did was turn it on, install logic from the app store, reboot, ilok manager, reboot, soundtoys 5, reboot, waves, reboot. That's it so far.
and OS 10.10.5. Macbook pro retina 2.8ghz 15', and nvidia 750 video.(and iris pro)

previous machine with identical problem was a 2011 non retina, with amd graphics. Using 10.6/10.7/10.8 and finally 10.9 before it was retired.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, but if you submit a message on our support form (soundtoys.com/forms/support) we'll definitely be able to help you out. This doensn't seem like anything permanent. We could always swap you license out with a fresh copy if your computer muddled it up.
I am going to make a video of this too.
Please do! If you send this to our support team, we'd be happy to take a look. Your experience will help us solve the problem faster. After you submit a support form, you can reply to our "auto-response" with any attachments that are relevant your case, which includes a video.
I am also experiencing other bugs with displays, like displays names of parameters on the echo filters jumbling to nonsense, when i click on them they go back to hi or lo pass.

And more bugs i am compiling in the mac notepad.
Please send these to us as well! We can't test on every possible system (though we try) so anything you find wrong with the product is welcome information that can help us improve our product.

Improving our compatibility with Retina displays in on our list. We are aware that the EffectRack can be a bit laggy on Retina displays, so we are working on that.

In summary, everything that you mentioned is in our queue to work on, and we are very welcoming to bug reports, since they can help us solve the problems faster. I'm sorry that you've run into these little issues, but we are working hard to get them resolved. The V5 upgrade was not just about bug fixes - we will continue to fix bugs no matter what version we are on. Version 5 was a logical next step in compiling all of our products into one giant installer/license, for convenience and ease-of-use. For a list of all of our major improvements (excluding the bug-fixes that we did implement, which were extensive), please check out this news item from our site:

https://www.soundtoys.com/whats-new-in-soundtoys-5/
Last edited by dan@soundtoys on Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sampleconstruct wrote:A sonic universe from a simple arpeggiated piano chord, some B2 reverb was applied post FX rack, I'll post the preset in a minute.

This is awesome! Thank you for posting it :)

dan@soundtoys wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:A sonic universe from a simple arpeggiated piano chord, some B2 reverb was applied post FX rack, I'll post the preset in a minute.

Definitely, thank you.
Peace...
bluzkat

Speed is not authorizing properly. I just installed V5 update and everything else seems to be ok as far as I can tell but I'm getting the following message from Logic Pro X (10.2) plugin manager (OSX 10.11):

Manufacturer String: SoundToys
AudioUnit Name: Speed
Component Version: 4.4.2 (0x40402)
Component's Bundle Version: 0.0.0

* * PASS
--------------------------------------------------
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
FATAL ERROR: OpenAComponent: result: -10847,0xFFFFD5A1
* AudioUnit Is Not Authorised (Open) *

validation result: not authorized

bluzkat wrote:
dan@soundtoys wrote:

Definitely, thank you.
Cheers, guys :tu:

Man, support at SoundToys rocks :tu:
Fine company, great plugins.

Igor Amos wrote:Speed is not authorizing properly. I just installed V5 update and everything else seems to be ok as far as I can tell but I'm getting the following message from Logic Pro X (10.2) plugin manager (OSX 10.11):

Manufacturer String: SoundToys
AudioUnit Name: Speed
Component Version: 4.4.2 (0x40402)
Component's Bundle Version: 0.0.0

* * PASS
--------------------------------------------------
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
FATAL ERROR: OpenAComponent: result: -10847,0xFFFFD5A1
* AudioUnit Is Not Authorised (Open) *

validation result: not authorized
Isn't Speed ProTools only? That might be why its not working.
Peace...
bluzkat

Return to “Effects”