I can't stand this s*** anymore!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

3rd time in last 7 days, for some unknown stupid reason, Bitwig decided to DELETE all my settings!
Preferences are completely empty: audio settings, templates, packs, projects, VSTs locations, controllers APIs, my MIDI mappings (2 hours of work just for that!!!)... everything is gone for some f***** reason. :x :x :x :x :x
Nothing is there anymore, zero, nada, ništa!

But who cares about that: we have cowbell!!! Oh joy!
Dear developers: next time spend your coding time on another joke instead of fixing bugs. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Win7 64bit, i5 4690K, 16GB RAM, NI Audio 6, Presonus Eris E8, Yamaha HS50M, Presonus BlueTube, Shure SM7B, Studio One, Maschine MKII, Launchpad, Alesis VI61, NI F1, Traktor S4

of course after the second time you backed all that up...

pdxindy wrote:of course after the second time you backed all that up...
+1, so the problem should be solved.

Can't confirm that bug.

Backing up doesn't fix the problem. It just gives you a way to recover from it. Geez, you guys need to take off the rose colored glasses every once in a while! :hyper:

I use to see it on occasion as well. Haven't seen it in a while though.

yeah sure, there is a workaround for everything in Bitwig (like we have for bounce in place for years).
and one always can use another DAW for audio editing for example....

Ofc I did make a backup for mappings, I'm not that stupid :) , but still I must manually setup every other thing.
It's just annoying. Same as problems with 1.2 installation on Win7. OMG it's just an installer!!
Win7 64bit, i5 4690K, 16GB RAM, NI Audio 6, Presonus Eris E8, Yamaha HS50M, Presonus BlueTube, Shure SM7B, Studio One, Maschine MKII, Launchpad, Alesis VI61, NI F1, Traktor S4

at least BWS not restart the whole op system randomly as ALive and able to load back the projects, stupid DAWs ...

welcome to DAW Anonymus :D

and a good book The Musicians Way: A Guide to Practice, Performance, and Wellness http://www.amazon.com/Musicians-Way-Pra ... g=UTF8&me=
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Take a deep breath, send in a bug report, don't take it out on the cowbell. You'd be doing yourself a disservice and every member of this board if you didn't use the hell out of that cowbell.

You are right Ogopogo. 100%. I need to calm down. And I will.
You and many others here created great and helpful community. TY.

But you know... in situation like this you need to smash something.
And I just hate, hate, hate that cowbell joke.

Geeze igor, it's just a cowbell. :hihi:

Wonder how you'd feel if it were a cowsay.

Have you ever wondered why life is called life? It's one of those four letter words, like shut, pass, dimn, fick and golf.....but they were already taken. ;)

Glad to see you're calming down igor :tu: Now send in that bug report.

Happy weekending!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

igortudor wrote:You are right Ogopogo. 100%. I need to calm down. And I will.
You and many others here created great and helpful community. TY.

But you know... in situation like this you need to smash something.
And I just hate, hate, hate that cowbell joke.
Hehe, no problem. I was mostly messing around. That last line was a quote from the skit.

cowbell is just a collateral victim here. :hihi:

don't worry! Auto-cowbell every 5 min will come soon!

Return to “Bitwig”