News from fxpansion >GEIST 2<

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Geist

The transmod function alone is very exciting to me. I'm so glad I can upgrade, hope to see that announcement here soon.

I'd love to be part of the beta.
Ha ha suck it!

zvenx wrote:He is Drew.
rsp
Straight from the horses mouth then. :hihi:
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

bftucker wrote:8)

So...most of the points so vehemently made in this thread are actually pointless? What a surprise!
Well to be fair, reading all 8 pages today certainly did make me giggle!

What's funny is... we've taken criticism over the years for having too much of a closed shop and not really communicating with the userbase on features and future plans and what not. Posting those screenshots and talking to people on our forum was a deliberate effort by myself and the primary dev on Geist in order to break down some of the walls and actually engage people on this stuff.

Aannnnnddddddd we just get crucified for it. You can't win it seems! :lol:

We've got some really cool stuff going into Geist 2. Transmod is one of them, but there are other features that I think people will like too. Someone criticised the browsing experience earlier - one thing that will help is our 'browser tracks locations' feature... essentially each pad can remember it's last location. Really useful if you're like me and you categorise your samples on disk in terms of kicks, snares, hats, sound effects, drones, etc....

Also I suppose since it is in a screenshot already, but the selectable pattern-lane-lengths from Tremor will be in Geist 2.0 as well.

Loads of fun! :tu:
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

musikmachine wrote:
zvenx wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
Amberience wrote:
Teksonik wrote: Can you point me to a post where someone from fxpansion says this is a "placeholder" ?
I'm Drew from FXpansion. It's a placeholder. :party:
:lol: :tu:
Dwl.......That is hilarious....
lol
rsp
Wait, Amberience is Drew or is it a pisstake?
Unfortunately I am Drew. If it was a pisstake, it'd be the worst pisstake evar. :help:
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

It seems like open season on fxpansion round here 24/7.

Amberience wrote:
Teksonik wrote: Can you point me to a post where someone from fxpansion says this is a "placeholder" ?
Ok then it's the ugliest "Placeholder" I've ever seen. Don't want honest opinions ? Don't post WIP screenshots. When and if you ever get the final GUI done let us know so we can give our honest opinions on that as well.... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Let's revisit the Original Post.........
sugo wrote:See this on fxpansions forum:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/630473/Geist2.JPG
What do you think about the new gui?
I gave my honest answer. It's futt bucking ugly. If the final GUI looks different my opinion will be different. Simple as that....sorry if it upsets you ladies... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Amberience wrote:
bftucker wrote:8)

So...most of the points so vehemently made in this thread are actually pointless? What a surprise!
Well to be fair, reading all 8 pages today certainly did make me giggle!

What's funny is... we've taken criticism over the years for having too much of a closed shop and not really communicating with the userbase on features and future plans and what not. Posting those screenshots and talking to people on our forum was a deliberate effort by myself and the primary dev on Geist in order to break down some of the walls and actually engage people on this stuff.

Aannnnnddddddd we just get crucified for it. You can't win it seems! :lol:

We've got some really cool stuff going into Geist 2. Transmod is one of them, but there are other features that I think people will like too. Someone criticised the browsing experience earlier - one thing that will help is our 'browser tracks locations' feature... essentially each pad can remember it's last location. Really useful if you're like me and you categorise your samples on disk in terms of kicks, snares, hats, sound effects, drones, etc....

Also I suppose since it is in a screenshot already, but the selectable pattern-lane-lengths from Tremor will be in Geist 2.0 as well.

this sounds great. the added FX will be pretty awesome too.

sorry if my posts came across as harsh. :oops:

As I said earlier, transmod is going to be amazing..

Especially for those of us who prefer to use our host sequencer. The sequencer inside Geist is fantastic, it just doesn't suit my particular workflow.

But now, (I'm assuming), I will be able to use midi sources like velocity and mod wheel plus the macros to achieve similar effect. Really excited!

If this is indeed the case, I will definitely upgrade.

The criticisms have been completely off base, imo. This is an easy upgrade. Transmod alone is worth it. Tremor's sequencer? Hell yeah.

masterhiggins wrote:The criticisms have been completely off base, imo. This is an easy upgrade. Transmod alone is worth it. Tremor's sequencer? Hell yeah.
I don't know what's off base. (Possible) new features are most welcome and great, but this refer to the content, "what". The topic of this thread GUI refers to the form, "how".
The present Geist GUI is not the best possible - in fact it has many shortages which restrict the use of this (potentially) excellent plugin.

Therefore the discussion is justified (excluding some overreactions). My wish is: many new, great features (content) and well-planned, beta-user tested, clear, easy-to-use new GUI to the Geist 2. Soon! It will be killer.

Amberience wrote:the selectable pattern-lane-lengths from Tremor will be in Geist 2.0 as well.
You mean poylrhythms (each lane having its own lenght) :o :love: !?
Yipee !

[edit], ah, yes, it seems so :
This + Transmod + a better browser, it's already very good !
Will it still feature the Overloud reverb ?

Amberience wrote:Unfortunately I am Drew. If it was a pisstake, it'd be the worst pisstake evar. :help:
I can confirm that this really is Drew. He was telling me and a couple of the guys in the hot tub last night how he was going to come and troll you all.

Amberience wrote:
musikmachine wrote:
zvenx wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
Amberience wrote:
:lol: :tu:
Dwl.......That is hilarious....
lol
rsp
Wait, Amberience is Drew or is it a pisstake?
Unfortunately I am Drew. If it was a pisstake, it'd be the worst pisstake evar. :help:
Welcome to Kvr :hug: :hihi:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Amberience wrote:Also I suppose since it is in a screenshot already, but the selectable pattern-lane-lengths from Tremor will be in Geist 2.0 as well.

That was the first thing that struck me when I saw the screenshot :D Bit of a no-brainer, seeing what a deservedly popular feature it was in Tremor, but good to know it's definitely going to be there.

The screenshot was clearly showing functionality rather aesthetics, and that's as it should be. With something like Geist (2) the important thing is functionality and workflow and it makes sense to pour most of the effort into these before thinking too much about final appearance. No point polishing a t*rd, as they say (not that this will be anything remotely like that).

It also makes sense to canvass opinions widely, as workflows can be very personal and it's easy to overlook potential snafus in a small development team, so carry on engaging I say - the constructive opinions will still be helpful, even if there's a lot of noise.
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

Return to “Instruments”