Petition: Propellerhead - Allow license transfers for Rack Extensions

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is one reason why I've never seriously considered Reason. With VSTs, I try to purchase plugins only from developers who allow transfers. Not that I'm likely to actually sell them, but I like having the option. Just never know what might happen in the future, financially.

Propellerheads has really gotten under my skin over the years with dodgy stuff like this. I've been using Reason on and off for a long time and 6.5 was the last upgrade I made because I feel like I was ripped off with the update going from 4 to 6.5 only to be told that the whole reason I was updating would be insanely priced AND completely proprietary. It wouldn't even have been as bad in my opinion if the companies developing RE's also gave you the plugin versions because of the cost we were shelling out for them. When I buy any other plugin, that company typically doesn't say "here is the RTAS for ProTools, but you need to pay us again if you want the VST files".

I get that Prop has their own code that a company needs to use to program their plugin for Reason, but I don't find it a good excuse or cost effective for me as a consumer, so I take my money elsewhere.

A little reminder.

Funny. The EU signed the company related TTIP. But when it comes to free trade between customers they've gone to the dogs. What did the CEO of Propellerhead stated about VSTs? Wasn't it something about a 'regression'? :hihi:

30 day demo. If you didn't like it during that time, you ain't never gonna like it. Don't buy it.

Ok, let me take my "being a dick" hat off for a moment. I'm ok with it either way. I've been very selective and QUITE happy with my stock of RE's. In fact, it's tamed my gas hard knowing I cannot resell it I think (just maybe) I've made better decisions.

[/opinion]Have to comment on this that With Reason.. You don't NEED any RE. You can do all fine without buying a single RE. But if you really WANT to buy an RE, there's one month demo period. I'm quite sure that if you use an RE for a month, you KNOW do you want it or not. So basically that complaining is just stupid. Of course it'd be great that you could sell your whole account since if you stop using the whole Reason, it'd be fair to be able to sell everything you've invested in to.[/endofopinion]

incubus wrote:30 day demo. If you didn't like it during that time, you ain't never gonna like it. Don't buy it.

Ok, let me take my "being a dick" hat off for a moment. I'm ok with it either way. I've been very selective and QUITE happy with my stock of RE's. In fact, it's tamed my gas hard knowing I cannot resell it I think (just maybe) I've made better decisions.
But what if you decide, for whatever reason, to quit with Reason some day? It should at least be possible to resell REs if you don't use Reason anymore.

I support the idea, and the approach. Much better than the lamentation on forums like these. :) Who knows, maybe PH will give in one day. I'm not really someone who buys software just to sell it another day, so the topic itself is not so important for me, but i see why it can be important for others. But, there's some people who really buy and sell too much. Generally, that's not good, neither for you nor the companies involved. Kind of a sickness which spreads out more and more.

Lejurai wrote:Have to comment on this that With Reason.. You don't NEED any RE. You can do all fine without buying a single RE. But if you really WANT to buy an RE, there's one month demo period. I'm quite sure that if you use an RE for a month, you KNOW do you want it or not. So basically that complaining is just stupid. Of course it'd be great that you could sell your whole account since if you stop using the whole Reason, it'd be fair to be able to sell everything you've invested in to.
A lot of products have trials and are re-sellable afterwards. Maybe I can't make up my mind in 30 days.
Maybe I don't have the time to play with it. Should I clear all my schedule for that month in order to properly test a Propellerhead plug-in? :lol:

No, but maybe you can start the evaluation time when you actually DO have time? I would do so at least.

chk071 wrote:I support the idea, and the approach. Much better than the lamentation on forums like these. :) Who knows, maybe PH will give in one day. I'm not really someone who buys software just to sell it another day, so the topic itself is not so important for me, but i see why it can be important for others. But, there's some people who really buy and sell too much. Generally, that's not good, neither for you nor the companies involved. Kind of a sickness which spreads out more and more.
Wow. Since when are you an authority when it comes to the judgment of people? I thought we were living in a free world. What people might purchase or not is NONE of your business FYI
I guess that is not something what has been always that way...to speak of it softly. Maybe you have missed something.. let's say for the last 100 years...? Speaking of 'diseases'.

Huh? That was merely my opinion. I thought that was clear from the post. :) I didn't hold up my finger and preached that people should not do what they're doing. What would the point be of that anyway? For me, it's pretty sick to buy loads of stuff, and sell the whole arsenal a couple of months later, just to buy half of it again after a month (i've actually seen that happen a few times here). That's my opinion, which you are entitled to disagree with.

spktkpkt wrote:
incubus wrote:30 day demo. If you didn't like it during that time, you ain't never gonna like it. Don't buy it.

But what if you decide, for whatever reason, to quit with Reason some day? It should at least be possible to resell REs if you don't use Reason anymore.
It's perfectly legit dude. Yeah, I'm all for it, sign me up :)

cocoazenith wrote:
Lejurai wrote:Have to comment on this that With Reason.. You don't NEED any RE. You can do all fine without buying a single RE. But if you really WANT to buy an RE, there's one month demo period. I'm quite sure that if you use an RE for a month, you KNOW do you want it or not. So basically that complaining is just stupid. Of course it'd be great that you could sell your whole account since if you stop using the whole Reason, it'd be fair to be able to sell everything you've invested in to.
A lot of products have trials and are re-sellable afterwards. Maybe I can't make up my mind in 30 days.
Maybe I don't have the time to play with it. Should I clear all my schedule for that month in order to properly test a Propellerhead plug-in? :lol:
Well, if you know you won't be having time to demo.. Don't download the demo? :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”