Now that TimeWarp 2600 is owned/distributed by SoniVox

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TimewARP 2600

EnGee wrote:
braj wrote:I just wanted to mention two copies of this synth are available in the charity auction, I bid on one already but I don't mind anyone outbidding me, it being for charity and all :)
Damn it! :x
You brought the attention to it and I doubt now I can win it :cry:
Oh sorry, but it seems early in the bidding for everything, I imagine the low bid I made won't hold, I never thought it would.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:
EnGee wrote:
braj wrote:I just wanted to mention two copies of this synth are available in the charity auction, I bid on one already but I don't mind anyone outbidding me, it being for charity and all :)
Damn it! :x
You brought the attention to it and I doubt now I can win it :cry:
Oh sorry, but it seems early in the bidding for everything, I imagine the low bid I made won't hold, I never thought it would.
Of course not! I was kidding with you :hihi:

I always liked the ARP 2600V from Arturia although I know it is not a faithful emulation of the original, but TimeWarp 2600 sounds very different and from videos I saw, it seems near the original. So it is on my wish list.

I'm thinking of Korg ARP Odyssey as hardware when hopefully being less expensive, which I believe it has a different character than the 2600.

For now, I will try hard to win TimeWarp 2600 in the charity :D

Where is this at braj?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote:
Where is this at braj?
It's here, in the Instruments forum, Call to Arms: Charity 2015 ($9125 raised so far...)

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=447412
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

HunterKiller wrote:
Where is this at braj?
Here! You haven't seen it yet? :o
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=447412

Scroll to Sonivox and you will see it. There is also the Expansion pack for Air and other instruments as well ;)

Edit:
braj was faster :)

Does anyone know if the current version is 64 Bit VST or only 32 Bit?
I have only a 32 Bit installer but i hear people talking about 64 Bit.

Thanks
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

BasariStudios wrote:Does anyone know if the current version is 64 Bit VST or only 32 Bit?
I have only a 32 Bit installer but i hear people talking about 64 Bit.

Thanks
Wouldn't your license work with the latest version? Have you tried Sonivox support? I would hope they would honor and support legacy customers.

Simon said it is 64bit in the previous page.

Thanks guys, my confusion...everything works well now.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

thomaskyhn wrote:
david.beholder wrote:It's dated and not on par with modern synths. Oddity 2 is superior and can do most of the things that time warp can.
It may be dated, but it's a semimodular synth, which, as far as I know, Oddity 2 is not. That should make a difference.
It does make a difference, and comparing the two simply doesnt make sense. :shrug:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:
thomaskyhn wrote:
david.beholder wrote:It's dated and not on par with modern synths. Oddity 2 is superior and can do most of the things that time warp can.
It may be dated, but it's a semimodular synth, which, as far as I know, Oddity 2 is not. That should make a difference.
It does make a difference, and comparing the two simply doesnt make sense. :shrug:
Not to mention that the synthesis engine of timewarp was created after the Oddity engine (for v1). Oddity V2 has the same sound quality as V1, but way more modulation and some additional features.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Not to mention that the synthesis engine of timewarp was created after the Oddity engine (for v1). Oddity V2 has the same sound quality as V1, but way more modulation and some additional features.
Is it exactly the same synthesis engine as V1 (2002)? I thought the Creamware Prodyssey which is over ten years old ran at a higher internal calculation rate than the Oddity 1.

http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10688
Matthias wrote: "When you compare our device to the oddity simply go for some fm on the oscillators and on the filter with high resonance, do this by using the S&H mixer with noise, and you'll hear the difference. The Oddity simply sounds blurred with these modulations, which certainly comes from slower calculation or in other words less accuracy of their algorithm. That's the point where you really need to compare. And if it feels right, it is right! And this feeling does not come from features like not restarting something after the fourth note.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I suppose sound is very subjective. I can say this is the only plugin to every get a formal endorsement from the original engineers. Infact Jim collected the award including the ARP2600 in the NAMM Tech Hall of FAME this year as their special guest :)
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

sbangs_air wrote:I can say this is the only plugin to every get a formal endorsement from the original engineers.
As far as I know, UAD has a bunch of those.

AnalogGuy1 wrote:Beware about their tech support. I left a message asking some simple questions about TimeWarp (e.g. is it 64 bit? - I play live and for stability reasons do not want to jbridge anything). The message had four simple questions. A week later the emailed reply from their tech support department was: "Do you still want an answer?"

Funny enough, that reply really did answer my presales question after all.
At least you got a reply. I wrote Way Out Ware about a demo two weeks ago – before seeing this thread – and still haven't received a reply.

Return to “Instruments”