Using Sampletank 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SJ_Digriz wrote: Anyhow, I thought someone stuck pillows on my speakers while cycling through the future synths patches. We must be heading for an 8 bit 12khz audio future.
It's the Future! :tu:
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

BERFAB wrote:I know a lot of folks are getting the American Acoustic set, but I don't see anyone posting about it. Specifically with the MIDI for this, I can't figure out how to "play" this instrument with different chords other than manually going into the MIDI file and changing the key.

That can't be the only way to do this, can it? If so, it's a big fail, and the demos are very misleading.

I've searched in vain for a tutorial or other instruction on this. Can someone please enlighten me, or point me in the right direction for a video?

Thanks
-B
I'm not sure this is the way to do it, but for instance I am loading an arpeggio, changing the key in the bottom right of the plugin window, then dragging the midi loop into my DAW. I have no idea you to play different midi loops in realtime. Each midi part mas a Maj, Min, and DIm version of the loop.

The Info area where the image of instruments is displayed would be better if it replaced the image with detailed notes on getting the most from the library, IMO.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

themachinelt wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
themachinelt wrote:Thanks for the replay. Unfortunetly you cannot automate, just try by yourself, move Cutoff, then go to Tools --> last tweaked, it only shows last tweaked parameter before Cutoff.
Support tried in FL Studio. If you are not getting the same results, please let them know and they can assist you. I don't use FL Studio, sorry.
Sorry but even support ticket system is a hassle, put all the information, so much clicking, why you are making so hard for the users ? Come on even a serial number :)

Technical Support Area
• Choose your country:

Product Information:
• Product:
• Product version:
HELP
• Product Serial Number:
HELP

Software Information
• Operating System version:
HELP
Other:
• Host sequencer:
HELP
Other:
• Host sequencer version:
HELP

Cant you just fallow a simple method, EMAIL adress or some automated system where you dont need to enter information every time you just want to send a support ticket.

I know Peter you are only a spokesmen so no need to replay.
But I do feel I need to reply when I have to respectfully disagree. It isn't that much information (seven whole dropdown or field choices and one you don't even have to go find the info for - see below) especially when your system info is definitely important in troubleshooting and issue.

You could also click the "?" icon next to Serial Number and it tells you "If you don’t have a serial number yet or cannot find it write “none” here."

I know giving the people who are trying to help you some critical information may take an extra minute or two, but it will save much more than that. Unless you want to first reply to always be "please provide your system information so we can better help you" and wasting more of your time.

Edit to clarify slightly and state I'm not just a spokesmAn here (I am a manager and do far more than post in forums :lol:) so I do take constructive suggestions seriously and will reply as necessary.

IK does a lot to try and keep their users happy. Even support tickets are tracked with your user, I dunno, this is more like the nice big brother that helps you out, not one that beats you down. I want that automation thing fixed as much as anyone, would like to see the product improved and grow, but complaining IMO about trivial stuff like the dropdowns on the support site doesn't add to the conversation. Me personally am happy to have 64 bit and bigger UI, and the effects, and I hope ST4 comes around with more complete features. I do think think the controller issue is bigger and more inconvenient to more people though, so please fix that in 3.x sometime soon :) It is a pain in the ass in S1 and I imagine beyond.

themachinelt wrote:
pheeleep wrote:
themachinelt wrote:Thanks for the replay. Unfortunetly you cannot automate, just try by yourself, move Cutoff, then go to Tools --> last tweaked, it only shows last tweaked parameter before Cutoff.
http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 0&t=143998
Its a workaround wich is ASS literaly, time consuming, if you want to do a simple cutoff its faster to just insert a filter mixer chanel, i dont need a workaround, i need straight out of the box as all other normal instruments do :)
I asked a support rep that has been using FL Studio from v3 and he states that this "workaround" is how it is done in FL Studio, basically. That's the way automation has been and is in FL Studio, according to him. Perhaps you can take the minute or two to fill out that form and maybe you could clarify if you disagree and/or they could give you some more FL Studio tips? You could also share your extensive knowledge of Hardcore and it would be a nice mutual exchange of information, even.

I don't use FL Studio, though, as I stated earlier so it isn't in my wheelhouse so you can discuss with them. I don't think the 14th ticket entry will be the straw that broke the camel's back as far as inconvenience goes, but that's up to you.

themachinelt wrote:
pheeleep wrote:
Its a workaround wich is ASS literaly, time consuming, if you want to do a simple cutoff its faster to just insert a filter mixer chanel, i dont need a workaround, i need straight out of the box as all other normal instruments do :)
I asked a support rep that has been using FL Studio from v3 and he states that this "workaround" is how it is done in FL Studio, basically. That's the way automation has been and is in FL Studio, according to him. Perhaps you can take the minute or two to fill out that form and maybe you could clarify if you disagree and/or they could give you some more FL Studio tips? You could also share your extensive knowledge of Hardcore and it would be a nice mutual exchange of information, even.

I don't use FL Studio, though, as I stated earlier so it isn't in my wheelhouse so you can discuss with them. I don't think the 14th ticket entry will be the straw that broke the camel's back as far as inconvenience goes, but that's up to you.

Actually, many VSTi's and VST's do work in FL Studio without the work around. You just move a knob on the VSTi's GUI and select Tools>Last tweaked>link to controller, then move a knob or a slider on the midi controller and the link is made. This does not work with ST3 (nor did it with ST2) thus the need for the "workaround".
Play it by ear

themachinelt wrote:
pheeleep wrote:
I asked a support rep that has been using FL Studio from v3 and he states that this "workaround" is how it is done in FL Studio, basically. That's the way automation has been and is in FL Studio, according to him. Perhaps you can take the minute or two to fill out that form and maybe they could give you some more FL Studio tips? You could also share your extensive knowledge of Hardcore and it would b a nice mutual exchange of information, even.
If I'm understanding this correctly, the same issue in FL is the issue we have with S1. Sampletank requires setup to get working, which is not fun, time consuming, not immediate and not like most other plugins. If you guys could get your 'learn' button to function like this: click learn and the controls are automatically exposed to controllers and can be mapped. That is the way it seems to be designed to work, only it doesn't. Other developers have gotten past this more elegantly, I think Trilian is a good example, they have a similar issue of not exposing all of their plugin controls to the host, but you can right-click and select 'Enable Host Automation' and that control is let through. It is still a hoop, but doesn't slow you down that much. Trilian is also a rompler that lets you load different instruments, it is similar in lots of ways, I think it could help inspire your own designs. If I could load ST content in it I would be delighted. Ok , now I'm gushing. :roll:

chili beans wrote:
BERFAB wrote:I know a lot of folks are getting the American Acoustic set, but I don't see anyone posting about it. Specifically with the MIDI for this, I can't figure out how to "play" this instrument with different chords other than manually going into the MIDI file and changing the key.

That can't be the only way to do this, can it? If so, it's a big fail, and the demos are very misleading.

I've searched in vain for a tutorial or other instruction on this. Can someone please enlighten me, or point me in the right direction for a video?

Thanks
-B
I really doubt that the hundreds of thousands of people that buy IK stuff are all kvr forum members. It would be awesome if ST3 had a chorder/strummer feature cause the electric and acoustic guitars are awesome sounding :tu:
Perhaps I should have been clearer: I don't see anyone posting about it ANYWHERE. I've checked all over the interwebs and, in particular thought someone, somewhere, would have come up with a quick vid.

The strummer MIDI files are pretty good. I'd love to use them, but they're all in C. And, again, from the demo vid, it appears that this can be adjusted in ST3 in real time. Perhaps this is too much to hope for. If the MIDI files need to be manually adjusted, I get it. But I'd hate to spin my wheels doing this if, in fact, there is an easier way.

-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote: The strummer MIDI files are pretty good. I'd love to use them, but they're all in C.
From ST3, before you drag the file to your DAW, in the bottom right corner, between the tempo and the Play button, there is a drop down list, you change the key there. So say you have a major chord loaded, you just select the key you want the chord in there, then drag the loop from Pattern/Loop column into your DAW.

I plan to get Nora2 sometime soon, the demo of that with IK's guitars is lovely, maybe not fully organic strumming, but you can do wonderful guitar arpeggios that feel like strumming a bit. That said, working with IK's loops is not terrible, it definitely isn't the same experience as playing the chords real time, but if you know what your progressions are ahead of time it is not cumbersome. It can at least get you half the way there in getting an arrangement together.

braj wrote:
BERFAB wrote: The strummer MIDI files are pretty good. I'd love to use them, but they're all in C.
From ST3, before you drag the file to your DAW, in the bottom right corner, between the tempo and the Play button, there is a drop down list, you change the key there. So say you have a major chord loaded, you just select the key you want the chord in there, then drag the loop from Pattern/Loop column into your DAW.
Excellent Braj. Thank you.
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

BERFAB wrote:
braj wrote:
Excellent Braj. Thank you.
-B
You're welcome :) glad to help. It actually isn't a terrible system really :) Once you get the midi out of it, chopping up patterns, editing, and licks is easy.

Since I've occasionally grumbled about things ST3 related / screwed up demos, let me say the four drumkits included in this sale sound really good! They are fun to mess about with. Pretty nice to get 4 drums, a piano and a guitar for one price and a discounted one thanks to Jam points. Thanks IKM.

One question is there a way to change the ADSR on the guitar to add time to the release? The sound seems to end the millisecond I release the note. Probably doing something wrong. Guitar sounds nice as well, which is nice as I needed a nice acoustic.

bigcat1969 wrote: One question is there a way to change the ADSR on the guitar to add time to the release? The sound seems to end the millisecond I release the note. Probably doing something wrong. Guitar sounds nice as well, which is nice as I needed a nice acoustic.
On the Edit page, under Envelope 1, raising the R release value extends the note for me. Maybe you are raising it on Envelope 2, which is the filter envelope. If the filter setting is up on that env, and release is low, it will still go quiet when env 1 release is full.

Thank you! I should really have been able to figure that out huh? I gotta learn what all those knobs do.

Return to “Instruments”